Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

So I had an epiphany on Monday evening.
I have messed and played with cars for too long and many times it becomes an absolute obsession where nothing else matters.
I have a 13 year old lad that I love to bits and desperately want to spend more time with without the distraction.

So the upside of this is that I am going to take a break from all this obsessing and appreciate the most important things in life.
I have bought a regular car to use and I'll sit back and watch from the sidelines for a while as others go through the buying and maintenance projects.
I'll be back at some stage no doubt.

I'll give you till Tuesday week :grin:

What does Master T think you should do?

kas750 said:
So I had an epiphany on Monday evening.
I have messed and played with cars for too long and many times it becomes an absolute obsession where nothing else matters.
I have a 13 year old lad that I love to bits and desperately want to spend more time with without the distraction.

So the upside of this is that I am going to take a break from all this obsessing and appreciate the most important things in life.
I have bought a regular car to use and I'll sit back and watch from the sidelines for a while as others go through the buying and maintenance projects.
I'll be back at some stage no doubt.

Wow, Ady, I almost did the same. I don't blame you one bit.
Like you say they become totally consuming. I just wrote similar thoughts on my thread earlier. This week has been nothing but cars on the brain, almost beyond the point of being enjoyable.

So yep have some fun before your lad has grown up and moved out. There's far more to life than cars. I've learned that over the last few years but then I sink into my old ways. :nooo:

Hopefully you'll still be on here mind. :thumb:

Get your son to some events. Lemans, etc etc. Make some memories.

"have some fun before your lad has grown up and moved out."

That's when the fun starts :grin: :oops:

So this is it for now.
BMW 320d sport.8 speed auto,50mpg,180+bhp,0-60 in just over 7,top speed 140+,£30 per year road tax.
I know and like that it's just 15 foot of car.

Wow, you really have done it. TBH I have mever boight more cars with the idea that it will somehow mran I spend less time working on cars, but we will see...
The balance between fun time and family can be a tricky one, I am fortunate that I tend to need less sleep than the rest of my family so get up early and work on cars before anybody else gets up, and I typically only do am hour or two per day. I had owned my current project car for just short of a year before my wife and son even knew it existed. I told my wife about it at Christmas and showed her a picture, we haven't talked about it since. My 9 year old boy takes more of an interest. That is why it takes me so long to get jobs done.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Wow, you really have done it. TBH I have mever boight more cars with the idea that it will somehow mran I spend less time working on cars, but we will see...
The balance between fun time and family can be a tricky one, I am fortunate that I tend to need less sleep than the rest of my family so get up early and work on cars before anybody else gets up, and I typically only do am hour or two per day. I had owned my current project car for just short of a year before my wife and son even knew it existed. I told my wife about it at Christmas and showed her a picture, we haven't talked about it since. My 9 year old boy takes more of an interest. That is why it takes me so long to get jobs done.

MC
I get your situation but I look after my lad pretty much single handed and what with domestic needs and musts along with running a business also means I've had enough.

Top man. Family first always. :thumb: Hope it all works out for you.

MC

It'll not be long before you're rolling your sleeves up to work on your lad's new 4 wheeled project, teaching him everything you know, then bobbing down the beer garden with him after as he buys you a well deserved pint from his first wage.

Lads n Dads - can't beat it!! :friends:

Fair play, I totally agree you'll never get this time back so make the most of it. I have to keep reminding myself that as well. Always feel guilty spending money on the car stuff when I could be spending it on them as well. Its a total balance though.

Saying that could have got a 335d at least.... :lol: :thumb:

Alex said:
It'll not be long before you're rolling your sleeves up to work on your lad's new 4 wheeled project, teaching him everything you know, then bobbing down the beer garden with him after as he buys you a well deserved pint from his first wage.

Lads n Dads - can't beat it!! :friends:

He is and always will be my best mate :thumb:

coullstar said:
Fair play, I totally agree you'll never get this time back so make the most of it. I have to keep reminding myself that as well. Always feel guilty spending money on the car stuff when I could be spending it on them as well. Its a total balance though.

Saying that could have got a 335d at least.... :lol: :thumb:

At just over 5k I couldn't walk away despite the mega miles but full and total history.I'll run this into the ground

I have quite the nicest set of front and rear lamps that I have seen for an early 996 that I am going to sell.
The headlamps are geared for electric levelling and are still the lovely deep orange.
If anyone is interested in the front and rear set or either let me know.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back