Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PASM query and advice on mods to a 997.2 C2S

Zenzi

So i recently lost my 997.2 C4S to a fire. Heart wrenching stuff considering it was really well optioned and practically brand new when i bought it 3 yrs ago (had done 6k kms). Luckily no one was hurt. Anyway, so i'm back in the market for a replacement and have come across a beautiful black C2S (non PSE). The options list mentions 'standard chassis' and i don't see a mention of PASM anywhere. Does this mean it doesn't have PASM? i was lead to believe all S cars came with this as standard on the gen 2 cars, not sure. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be great!

Secondly, i am thinking of some initial mods on it after purchase, namely, tech art springs to lower her and the FVD valvetronic side mufflers (apparently they delete the rear centre muffler completely). Would appreciate if anyone that has done these can comment on how good/bad they are. I've heard great things about both products and especially about the Fvd exhausts. If i install the springs am i going to need spacers?
Alternatively, how good are Cargraphic exhausts? i'm basically looking for something that isn't high pitched like a Tubi and more towards a deeper tone but amplified.

Welcome to the forum chap and very sorry to hear about losing your car! Sound like it was a goodun'.

I can't comment much on your queries but with the Techart springs; these seem to be the accepted, 'go-to' spring for these cars. I believe you'll get -25mm lowing on the standard chassis set-up.

Zenzi, with regards to the exhaust; I had one made and fitted to my car by a company called CGR in Rotherham.
Good description, video and pictures from another member who had the same done, here: http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=128879&highlight=

Thing is, I'm returning my car to stock soon, prior to selling it, so my exhaust will be for sale after Easter. Just another option to consider.

Regards, Mike.

PASM should be standard on the S models, you can tell by the button on the console.

Not familiar with any of the exhaust options that you mentioned, but you could always get PSE retrofitted. By the way my C2S with PSE and a centre silencer bypass is going to be up for sale, DM me if interested!

Shaoxter said:
PASM should be standard on the S models, you can tell by the button on the console.

Not familiar with any of the exhaust options that you mentioned, but you could always get PSE retrofitted. By the way my C2S with PSE and a centre silencer bypass is going to be up for sale, DM me if interested!

The car doesn't seem to have the button with the 'shock' on it. I thought that was Sport PASM :?

Nah there are better exhaust's out there for PSE pricing. I've heard cargraphic is quite popular.

PASM is standard on an S and will have the switch to change modes.

It may only be for the 997.1 but if memory serves, you could spec Sports suspension which had sports springs and shocks but no PASM. It also had LSD.

Zenzi, I am with the others and thought all gen2 3.8 were specced with PASM my gen2 has the button with the shock on it but cant tell you if thats because its got chrono or not . also not sure if the gen2 could be specced without PASM. personally I dont think I would be too worried with PASM my gen1 didn't have it and I found the ride a perfect balance. whereas my gen2 has PASM and until I fitted the DSC upgrade module I found PASM off too soft and on much too hard .

I have a full valved cargraphic exhaust with centre muffler delete x pipe and 200 cell cats .IMO a nice sound but exhaust note is a personal thing.

my only word of warning re exhaust is on the gen2 the cats are part of the header unit and very close to the block this is the reason I have been given as to why my cheap custom made 200 cell cats broke up and managed to get injested into the engine on over run causing an engine rebuild. so IMO avoid the cheaper or of unknown origin exhaust options for the gen2 this is why I have now got new tri metal cargraphic 200 cell cats . also at the higher price end are Akrapovik with an excellent sound .

re springs Techart are great and what I used on my gen1 slightly less drop than the H&R or Eilbach . I Have got H&R on my gen2.

I also thought all 7.2 Ss came with active suspension, and it really benefits from a software upgrade in the shape of a TPC Racing DSC box if you want to drive on the road (as it is too soft without).

Phil 997 said:
Zenzi, I am with the others and thought all gen2 3.8 were specced with PASM my gen2 has the button with the shock on it but cant tell you if thats because its got chrono or not . also not sure if the gen2 could be specced without PASM. personally I dont think I would be too worried with PASM my gen1 didn't have it and I found the ride a perfect balance. whereas my gen2 has PASM and until I fitted the DSC upgrade module I found PASM off too soft and on much too hard .

I have a full valved cargraphic exhaust with centre muffler delete x pipe and 200 cell cats .IMO a nice sound but exhaust note is a personal thing.

my only word of warning re exhaust is on the gen2 the cats are part of the header unit and very close to the block this is the reason I have been given as to why my cheap custom made 200 cell cats broke up and managed to get injested into the engine on over run causing an engine rebuild. so IMO avoid the cheaper or of unknown origin exhaust options for the gen2 this is why I have now got new tri metal cargraphic 200 cell cats . also at the higher price end are Akrapovik with an excellent sound .

re springs Techart are great and what I used on my gen1 slightly less drop than the H&R or Eilbach . I Have got H&R on my gen2.

yes as far as PASM goes i wanted to be sure only because i want the DSC module! i wonder if there's any way to confirm?

If i do an exhaust upgrade i will definitely not mess with the headers (+cats) because i did that on my previous 997.1 and it created issues - nothing as severe as an engine rebuild but it was annoying with low end torque loss and CEL's. Do you see a drop in low end or mid range torque with the exhaust setup you have now? can you share a video of the sound on and off?

yes i've decided i am going to do the Techart springs and spacers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back