Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Distributor refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.
....DHL next time :thumb:
with Hermes, it worked out again.

wilsonny said:
thought id be clever over the weekend and lift the car up, put it in gear, then turn the wheels to get the engine to the timing marks so I can remove the distributor. turns out I don't understand very well how differentials work ! (turning one wheel spins the other in the opposite direction and trying to turn both simultaneously was beyond the strength of me and my helper). no way could I get the engine turning in this situation.

presume you guys who have removed the dizz have managed by putting in gear and rolling the car back and forth (while on the ground) ?

1. Lift car on ramp.

2. Release hand brake.

3. Remove right hand rear wheel only.(see below)

4. Slacken handbrake adjuster on this side only.

5 Apply handbrake.

6. Select 5th or 6th gear.

7. Turn hub with the 32 mm driveshaft nut until timing marks align.

I managed to view the timing marks whilst at the same time turning the hub with my foot.

If you are a left footer then remove left hand wheel if you want to make it easy!

.....why so complicated to jack up etc. simply insert the 3rd gear and push the 11er on Position - first your own woman to push get (later the girlfriend)

..........that's how it looks inside

Attachments

• z_01_schnitt_02_112.jpg
    z_01_schnitt_02_112.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 4,972
Due to an issue with a courier there is now a spare set of replacement parts for a DIY dizzy refurb in the UK. (bearings belts and screws).

90VORID.jpg

This set normally costs 228 euro however Diddi is prepared to sell this one off set for just 170 euros.

You will have to collect from Ely, Cambs or arrange your own courier.

Payment direct to Diddi.

I have just replaced the belt and bearings on my 115k mile C4. Biggest issue was removing the distributor from the engine - removed fan housing and used pry bars and penetrating fluid.

Whilst superficially the old belt and bearings looked Ok - when the dizzy was striped one of the bearing sounded dry, there was evidence of fretting corrosion and the belt whilst still intact was easily pulled apart.

I feel like I dodged a bullet on this one.

r9bLbiL.jpg

ElxO4D9.jpg

Diddi said:
.....why so complicated

Yes you are right!!

Using a ramp - jam one wheel and rotate the other whilst in a high gear.

FPZkwif.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back