Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 now almost the same price as 997''s

kiteral

So browsing AT, and saw a 997 C4S at an OPC for £56k and other good 997's are £45-£50k.

991 C2S's are now available for £50k for a boggo spec one and you can even get a Sport Chrono, PSE C2S for £56k at an Indy dealer.

How much further has the 991.1 got to fall and are we going to see a £70k GTS soon ? (Selfishly I hope so :D )

Is the mileage on the 997 and 991 comparable?

Think its the most desirable 997.2 in a good spec with low mileage versus lowest spec high mileage 99.1 = similar prices
As soon as you spec up the 991.1 plus with lower mileage the price jumps right up.

I think both of these cars will be /are desirable to us enthusiasts as they are non turbo , look nicer & sound nicer with NA larger petrol engines.

Eventually we will end up with ***** electric hoverbuvaards :bandit:

If you compare like-for-like models with similar 'mileage per annum' the gap is still significant - especially so if you also factor in buying the cars from the same source in both cases.

The 991.1 is still depreciating, probably more as a % than an equivalent 997, but it is still a much dearer car to buy.

I think a 70k 991.1 GTS is still a bit away yet, sorry. :D

When the 991.1 GTS is 70K I will be straight in to trade mine & buy one.

I think 991 "boggo spec" values still have some falling to do simply because there are so many of them. Since the 991 was produced in greater numbers than the 997 in each model I think it's only the very special 991 models which will hold strong. The 991 GTS models have taken a tumble lately and they start at £76k (one at an OPC for £76.8k) so if that's what you want then get cracking - there are 70 of them on AT including the GTS4 at the moment so there's lots to choose from so I can't see values staying at that level over the next year or so.

I guess a Mondeo buyer could also be asking why should he buy a previous shape Titanium X when he could have a lovely fresh current shape Mondeo Zetec. Or a BMW buyer would shun a 4 year old M3 in favour of a new 335i.

I think some of it may come down to what you want on your driveway - for some people having the neighbours think they have a "new" Porsche counts for a lot.

But if residual values are a major concern then generally buying a better / rarer model ought to retain some desirability when the time comes to move it on. Sometimes it's better to spend a lot and lose a little than spend a little and lose a lot.

T8 said:
Those prove my point. One is a 2S and one is a 4S.

You won't find a below average mileage 991 4S for under £57k anywhere. :nooo:

Ahh that shows my inexperience as a Porsche newbie !

I didn't realise that the 4S carried that much desirability and price difference.

Lol reality check 991.1 prices are pretty rigid. A decent spec low miles S has been the same minimum price for quite a while, not really budging at all, long may it continue :worship: The high miles lower spec stuff has fallen, but that applies to all makes and models including the 997.
991.1 GTS have probably budged a little as they were overpriced AKA 997 GTS which have moved similarity....

DrJimBone said:
T8 said:

£75,950..?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903085685172 :thumb:

I'm sure you could make an offer to get closer to 70...

And yes it's cheaper - for a reason! It's got 43,000 miles on the clock, which is pretty high for a GTS! Most buyers want much lower much lower mileages and so will pay more, for less, so to speak ......

Ashgoods look like they're preparing to sell a 52,000 mile GTS4 Cabrio for £76K - so it looks as if only the high mileage cars are trending down towards the £70K mark....

I think good 991.1 Cars with a decent spec are starting to firm up ....

Mad Mark911 said:
DrJimBone said:
T8 said:

£75,950..?

And yes it's cheaper - for a reason! It's got 43,000 miles on the clock, which is pretty high for a GTS! Most buyers want much lower much lower mileages and so will pay more, for less, so to speak ......

Ashgoods look like they're preparing to sell a 52,000 mile GTS4 Cabrio for £76K - so it looks as if only the high mileage cars are trending down towards the £70K mark....

:thumb: Were a long way off cheap 991's! Thank god my brexit nightmare price crash turned out to be complete balls... :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
Mad Mark911 said:
DrJimBone said:
T8 said:

£75,950..?

:thumb: Were a long way off cheap 991's! Thank god my brexit nightmare price crash turned out to be complete balls... :grin:
That's because we haven't brexited yet and the flood of 991.1 and 991.2 are about to hit the market over the next few months. The apocalypse is yet to unleash it's fury on the 991 market. Doom and gloom awaits. :floor:

FZP said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Mad Mark911 said:
DrJimBone said:
T8 said:

£75,950..?

That's because we haven't brexited yet and the flood of the less desired 991.2 are about to hit the market over the next few months. The apocalypse is yet to unleash it's fury on the 991.2 market. Doom and gloom awaits, while 991.1 owners are laughing all the way to the bank 🏦 :floor:

Yep I agree with the above :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back