Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Incoming 991 C4S

Ade_MK said:
Interesting ideas gents thanks. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sport Techno's though personally.

I may look at different wheels in the future but for now I'm probably going to go for the 5mm approved spacers and see how I get on.

Oddly though the rear tyres on my 4S are already 305s? I'd just assumed that was standard but from what you've suggested it seems maybe not?

Interesting and Defo not and if bought from Porsche they shouldnt meet the 111 point check as only the Sport Technos are 305's on the 11.5's.
Out of interest what brand are the tyres? Im presuming someone has fitted Michelin N rated 305?

spongebob squarepants said:
Ade_MK said:
Interesting ideas gents thanks. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sport Techno's though personally.

I may look at different wheels in the future but for now I'm probably going to go for the 5mm approved spacers and see how I get on.

Oddly though the rear tyres on my 4S are already 305s? I'd just assumed that was standard but from what you've suggested it seems maybe not?

Interesting and Defo not and if bought from Porsche they shouldnt meet the 111 point check as only the Sport Technos are 305's on the 11.5's.
Out of interest what brand are the tyres? Im presuming someone has fitted Michelin N rated 305?

Sponge I think even the 11J Carrera S come with 305s on a 991 4S (the 2S has 295s) - I was obviously having a Friday afternoon senior moment earlier, coz there won't actually be any rubber to gain, just the increased rim width on the Sport Techno alloys.

Anyway, if Ade's not so keen on the Techno alloys...best to try the 5mm spacers and see how that looks.

The tyres should be N rated on Ade's car as it was an OPC supply.

Right brain's hurting now so I'm off to lie down for a bit ;)

Just had Michelin PS4's fitted to mine, so much better than the P-Zero's!

911Time said:
Ade_MK said:

Sponge I think even the 11J Carrera S come with 305s on a 991 4S (the 2S has 295s).

The 11.5J Sport Techno version for the 4S with ET48 offset comes with 305s and the extra rim width fill the arch better.

HTH :)

Yes makes sense I'd presumed they were all the same :oops: wondering if the 305's would fit the 11.5 rim? Otherwise doomed to Pirelli forever as no N rated other than Pirelli for the 295's.

911Time said:
Ade_MK said:

Sponge I think even the 11J Carrera S come with 305s on a 991 4S (the 2S has 295s).

The 11.5J Sport Techno version for the 4S with ET48 offset comes with 305s and the extra rim width fill the arch better.

Yes makes sense I'd presumed they were all the same :oops: wondering if the 305's would fit the 11.5 rim? Otherwise doomed to Pirelli forever as no N rated other than Pirelli for the 295's.

Hi Sponge, I'm a bit confused - yes, a 305/30 ZR 20 will fit an 11.5J rim no problem and technically a 305/30 ZR20 will also fit an 11J rim (albeit that's the max 11J will take) however Porsche have no N-rated 305 width tyres approved for fitment onto the 11J size for a 991.1.

As you say, at the moment, according to the last issued guidance (on July 2018) the only Porsche approved 20 inch tyre for the rear of a 991.1 C2S wearing an 11J rim is the Pirelli P-Zero 295/30 ZR20.

Oddly Porsche appear to have approved the Michelin PS4S for the front 245/35 ZR20 on 9J but not the rear 295/30 ZR20 on 11J - odd - why :don't know: Michelin do the PS4S in a suitable size but as I mentioned it's not N-rated and there are slight differences in the wet grip and rolling resistance characteristics between the N-rated fronts and non N-rated rears, basically in this example the fronts would have worse wet grip than the rears - so more prone to understeer in the wet!

Sorry if I'm not up to speed with your plans but are you selling the Sport Technos as I assumed earlier? Coz if not and you decide to keep them then you COULD fit N-rated Michelin PS4Ss in 245/35 ZR20 and 305/30 ZR 20.

I'm feeling another lie down coming on.... :lol:

Also, I'm not trying to teach grandma to suck eggs, so if this is all known to you then no offence :)

Well I've got to say I'm pretty confused with all of the info too? :?:

The tyres are Pzeros and look to have an N0 rating as far as I can see? Do you guys think they sound right or should I look to contact the dealer for clarification?

Thanks very much for taking the time to try and suss this out by the way, I'm very grateful for any additional knowledge you guys have :thumb:

Ade_MK said:

The tyres are Pzeros and look to have an N0 rating as far as I can see? Do you guys think they sound right or should I look to contact the dealer for clarification?

Thanks very much for taking the time to try and suss this out by the way, I'm very grateful for any additional knowledge you guys have :thumb:

Hi Ade, the tyres on your car should have been checked by the OPC as part of the 111 point check, to make sure they were correct, N-rated (sufficient tread etc).

The Pirelli P-Zero tyres on your 4S should be N-rated, size 245/35 ZR20 front and 305/30 ZR20 rear if they are then no need to worry.

:thumb:

The discussion with Sponge above was off topic really and about the options for his Carrera 2S, which have different approved tyre sizes - sorry for the confusion :oops:

911Time said:
Ade_MK said:

Hi Ade, the tyres on your car should have been checked by the OPC as part of the 111 point check, to make sure they were correct, N-rated (sufficient tread etc).

The Pirelli P-Zero tyres on your 4S should be N-rated, size 245/35 ZR20 front and 305/30 ZR20 rear if they are then no need to worry.

:thumb:

The discussion with Sponge above was off topic really and about the options for his Carrera 2S, which have different approved tyre sizes - sorry for the confusion :oops:

Ade apologies all my fault lol. Its a bit crazy with the 991 at the moment. The P zeros are frankly awful (in anything other than dry weather) but as long as you have them 305 rears, you have the option of N rated Michelins, which id certainly change to in the future.

With the 295 rears for the 2S (with anything other than the sport classics) the only current N rated option is the P zero (although the 305 will fit the 295 rim im sure an OPC would spot it and not approve it)

Lol that's perfect thanks very much for the confirmation. Don't worry about confusing me... it feels like it's maybe a bit to easy a lot of the time

I'll definitely be changing to Sport 4S when the time comes as i had them on my M3 and they were a huge improvement over the Bridgestones it had on before. The wet weather grip was fantastic. 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back