Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel pricing advice.

sjb993

Nurburgring
When I got the 993 in 2005 it was on 17" CUP2s. Soon after that I did a swap for a set of 18" Turbo Twists. I had them refurbished not long after I got them, and about 6 or 7 years ago I replaced the tyres. About 5 years ago I decided to switch back to CUP2s (for a more comfortable ride), and bought a refurbished set with new tyres from Chris at Exel Wheels.

I have now sold the car and I'm left with a set of OEM 18" Turbo Twists shod in Continental ContactSport 2 N2 tyres. The wheels are in fair condition (a few minor scratches - no kerb-rash or corrosion) and the tyres have 6-7 mm of tread left on them. They do not have centre caps (they were on the CUP2s).

I'd be grateful for a few thoughts on what I should ask for them. I'll advertise them on here first (I'd prefer a forum member to get them), before trying Ebay, etc.

I'm not looking for top dollar, just a fair price.

TIA.

Value is massively affected by:

- hollow or solid spoke (if smooth backs they are hollow, ridges they are solid)
- widebody or narrow body offsets (rears, fronts are the same)
- 993 or 996 (996 are a slightly different design and often confused)
- quality
- tyres (make, age and tread depth)

Thank Jonathon.

They are 993 narrow body solid spokes. Part numbers are 993.362.134.06 and 993.362.140.04.

I've given the tyre data and condition is what I'd describe as 'fair". FWIW I was very particular about the condition of my car (no expense was spared and it was always cleaned to within an inch of its life) and I was happy to have the wheels on the car.

So what do you reckon?

Sorry jontt - predictive text converted jontt to Jonathon.

Date stamps on tyres would help.

If the tyres are less than five years old and the wheels are in good used condition then £600 to £800 should be achievable. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back