Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Incoming 991 C4S

Lovely cars & like the duck tail kit, not had my 991.1 for long & it sounds ace with the sport exhaust.

spongebob squarepants said:
Seatbelts can be done relatively cheaply, place on e bay. Re the arches, does the C2S look an different? :dont know:

Thanks for the tip ref seatbelts. I'll investigate further.

It's not the arches themselves that look spectacularly different mainly where the wheel sits within them. I find the rears on both C2 and C4 look a bit too tucked in for my tastes. It's not a major thing as they still look pretty sweet but i think they could look better if they were closer to being in line with the outer arch edge.

I've read quite a bit about people using spacers for this and the common consensus seemed to be 7mm front and 15mm rears would get them to look more how i'd like but there doesn't seem to be any info for the UK regarding recommended brands to use or suppliers etc
I've found some places that do them in silver as a kit but not black.

https://www.design911.com/Wheel-Spa...Pattern-with-long-bolts--DesignTek/prod14105/

Check that adding spacers will not interfere with warranty, OPC can be very funny with non OEM parts.

Looking good Ade :thumb:

As Gilford says, you need to be careful with mods if you want to retain the Porsche extended warranty - I looked into a few options with the OPC that supplied my car but certain things I wanted were a no-go.

Regarding the wheel spacers, I know that Eibach, RSS and DesignTek do hubcentric spacers in black to fit the 991 - you will obviously need extended bolts/locking bolts.

5mm, 7mm and 15mm black spacers are available and it should be possible to fit Fr 7mm + Rr 15mm with your current wheels but I think Porsche only approve a maximum 5mm spacer with the Carrera S alloys.

Kits are available to order online - the RSS kits include bolts and the screw in shaft to make wheel removal easier or you could speak to the folks at RPM Technik, JZM or Design911.

HTH :)

gilford said:
Check that adding spacers will not interfere with warranty, OPC can be very funny with non OEM parts.

+1.......and if you decide to extend your warranty after 2 years, they can be really pedantic to the extent that non Porsche wiper blades will fail the 111 point check.

White does look nice with the black contrasts...wheels, roof, decals. :thumb:

911Time said:
Looking good Ade :thumb:

As Gilford says, you need to be careful with mods if you want to retain the Porsche extended warranty - I looked into a few options with the OPC that supplied my car but certain things I wanted were a no-go.

Regarding the wheel spacers, I know that Eibach, RSS and DesignTek do hubcentric spacers in black to fit the 991 - you will obviously need extended bolts/locking bolts.

5mm, 7mm and 15mm black spacers are available and it should be possible to fit Fr 7mm + Rr 15mm with your current wheels but I think Porsche only approve a maximum 5mm spacer with the Carrera Classics.

Kits are available to order online - the RSS kits include bolts and the screw in shaft to make wheel removal easier or you could speak to the folks at RPM Technik, JZM or Design911.

HTH :)

That's great thanks very much for that.

You both make a valid point about the warranty, I have heard that the OPC warranty can be pretty strict.... A friend of mine is a gold tech for Porsche so is looking into it for me to see if there are any approved options or just the 5mm ones.
I definitely don't want to mess about with the warranty :eek:

I'll let you know what he finds out :thumb:

Well rather unsurprisingly they only do the 5mm spacers and any aftermarket ones would potentially cause warranty issues. :dont know:

On the plus side he can get the genuine Porsche parts for a very decent price :D

Sadly, not surprised at all :nooo:

The issue of what constitutes 'modifications', in relation to the extended warranty is a thorny one but much to everyone's annoyance, it seems nowadays even the slightest departure from stock can potentially invalidate the warranty.

I understand there used to be a little more flexibility afforded to the OPC in judging whether a mod had contributed to a component or system failure but that latitude has since been removed to make claims more straight forwards but it does also limit what can be done to modify or personalise a car.

There are some minor/cosmetic mods that might be allowed (because they wouldn't impact on anything else) but the only way to be 100% certain of maintaining the extended warranty is to keep it stock or only fit Porsche approved upgrades.

911Time said:

The issue of what constitutes 'modifications', in relation to the extended warranty is a thorny one but much to everyone's annoyance, it seems nowadays even the slightest departure from stock can potentially invalidate the warranty.

I understand there used to be a little more flexibility afforded to the OPC in judging whether a mod had contributed to a component or system failure but that latitude has since been removed to make claims more straight forwards but it does also limit what can be done to modify or personalise a car.

There are some minor/cosmetic mods that might be allowed (because they wouldn't impact on anything else) but the only way to be 100% certain of maintaining the extended warranty is to keep it stock or only fit Porsche approved upgrades.

Yep it certainly seems that way. Although at this stage, with it being my first introduction to Porsche, I think I'll prefer to keep the warranty rock solid.

Ade

Ade_MK said:
911Time said:

Yep it certainly seems that way. Although at this stage, with it being my first introduction to Porsche, I think I'll prefer to keep the warranty rock solid.

Ade

Given how persnickety the extended warranty Insurance company are over minor 'infringements', it's probably best to play safe but as I found recently, the price of some genuine parts bears no relation to what you would pay for an equivalent item of the same spec and that does grate a bit :roll:

911Time said:
Given how persnickety the extended warranty Insurance company are over minor 'infringements', it's probably best to play safe but as I found recently, the price of some genuine parts bears no relation to what you would pay for an equivalent item of the same spec and that does grate a bit :roll:

It's almost like there's a deliberate reason for their insistence on only using the parts they sell..... :floor: :sad:

I'm just hoping my insider friend can help on that front if there's anything else i'm after, although to be fair i don't think there's much else i'm considering doing.

Ade

Ade_MK said:
911Time said:

It's almost like there's a deliberate reason for their insistence on only using the parts they sell..... :floor: :sad:

I'm just hoping my insider friend can help on that front if there's anything else i'm after, although to be fair i don't think there's much else i'm considering doing.

Ade

True and commercially that's no surprise: I guess it's justifiable with the nature of some parts but the insistence on even the most mundane items being Porsche or refusing to pay out because you've fitted a dashcam (as one member has found) when one isn't available through Porsche seems a bit heavy handed and some people will vote with their feet and purchase an alternative warranty product when the Approved Used warranty comes to an end.

If your friend can get you 10% off parts that will help.

I'm sticking with the Approved Used warranty for the time being, for the peace of mind it gives on big ticket items and whilst I'm evaluating the car but I might feel differently when it comes to an end.

911Time said:
Ade_MK said:
911Time said:

Ade

True and commercially that's no surprise: I guess it's justifiable with the nature of some parts but the insistence on even the most mundane items being Porsche or refusing to pay out because you've fitted a dashcam (as one member has found) when one isn't available through Porsche seems a bit heavy handed and some people will vote with their feet and purchase an alternative warranty product when the Approved Used warranty comes to an end.

If your friend can get you 10% off parts that will help.

I'm sticking with the Approved Used warranty for the time being, for the peace of mind it gives on big ticket items and whilst I'm evaluating the car but I might feel differently when it comes to an end.

Your other option is the 305 rears (GT3 stylee) which gives you the extra 15mm :thumb:
See difference in the pics below, 305 v 290 (I know someone who has a set for sale :) )

There you go Ade :thumb:

As Sponge says, the Sport Techno alloys (back of photo) are a possible and approved solution and are 11.5 inch rear Vs 11 inch of the Carrera S you have on now, so would fill out the arch a bit more and give you some extra rubber on the road (edit: just remembered the 4S has 305s anyway - :oops: Friday afternoon brain drain)
..and no messing around with spacers.

Just a thought tho' Sponge, what's the offset on the ones in the pic? Suitable for Ade's 4S?

The 4S has a smaller offset on the rear
Front: 9J X 20 ET51
Rear: 11.5J X 20 ET48 Vs 68 for the C2S

Not trying to lose you a sale mate (Sponge) but worth covering off.

Interesting ideas gents thanks. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sport Techno's though personally.

I may look at different wheels in the future but for now I'm probably going to go for the 5mm approved spacers and see how I get on.

Oddly though the rear tyres on my 4S are already 305s? I'd just assumed that was standard but from what you've suggested it seems maybe not?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back