Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports chrono

Stewtomcat

Hi is sports chrono a deal breaker looking at a nice 997 Carrera S tiptronic has all I want but no sports chrono .

Depends on whether you need it or want it

You can retrofit it, but no wart.

FZP said:
You can retrofit it, but no wart.

This is what I did, for around £900 at my nearest OPC. Makes a huge difference to my car (which is a PDK) and it would be a must for me if I was buying in future (perhaps not on a manual, but definitely on an auto).

the sport option is good but as others says it can be retro fitted without the useless wart .the wart has no use whatsoever unless you live on a track and TBH those that do even have more sophisticated ways of tracking times etc. So it for we wouldn't be a deal breaker if it wasn't on the car you wanted. :thumb:

I must be the only bloke who likes the look of the wart

FZP said:

I have tried decorating it :grin: but it still serves no purpose :nooo:
now if they had fitted a speed camera detector in it then we may be onto a winner :grin: :grin: but even the new road angel is too big to fit

Attachments

• chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_304.jpg
    chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_304.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,345
  • road_angel_gem_porsche_124.jpg
    road_angel_gem_porsche_124.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 2,345
I like the wart as I can stick my GoPro to it for those over-the-bonnet shots. I don't actually use the laptimer on the track. And some Insurance companies don't like it if you're timing yourself, as it's too close to competition (Time Attack for example).

Anyway, all that speculation aside, I'd say that the Sports Chrono Pack is essentà­al on a PDK, but if it's factored into the price, you can have it retrofitted. Some might even prefer a car that way... sans carbuncle.

Stewtomcat said:
Hi is sports chrono a deal breaker looking at a nice 997 Carrera S tiptronic has all I want but no sports chrono .

As long as the asking price reflects the fact that it hasn't got it fitted it shouldn't be a show-stopper. Later on you can decide whether to retro fit it.

If i remember correctly the "wart" is actually illuminated but was coded off due to screen glare or something ... i need to have a look at the coding options next time i have one in .

deMort said:
If i remember correctly the "wart" is actually illuminated but was coded off due to screen glare or something ... i need to have a look at the coding options next time i have one in .

You are correct. It is illuminated but only when actually in use.

jl-c said:
deMort said:

You are correct. It is illuminated but only when actually in use.

Aghh i see .. i think the coding option must be to illuminate it with headlights on ..

its one of those things that i dimly remember as being something that can work but we was told not to enable it ..

Been so long since these came out i cant remember .. :oops:

Hate getting old !

FZP said:

You aren't! One more here. Looks good to my eyes.
My car is a manual and I never use sport mode so still useless!!

Looks good to me as its a nice clock to tell the time from, I know it has a stop watch function but what exactly is it supposed to be for or do, the car seems to have an enhanced sport plus mode, is this what it is about, making the car faster response wise or a gimmick. :oops:

I know I sound like a knob but its nice to look at & it ticks nicely :floor:

Hamster75 said:
Looks good to me as its a nice clock to tell the time from

But it's not even a clock on a 997.1 :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back