Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 911 has finally caught the 928

Roro said:
T8 said:
Roro said:
Whatever happened to that. I'm sure I saw articles years ago that Porsche was planning a new Panamera-based 928. That would fly off the shelves I would have thought

We were 'talking' about it 7 years ago would you believe. :eek:

Here --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=74075&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Sadly it never did happen. :sad:

7 years! :what:

It's a shame the new 928 never materialised, but from this thread it's clear that Porsche decided to create a new 928 by the backdoor in the form of a bigger 911 ... :pc: :grin:

As if by magic ......... this weeks (3rd April) Autocar pages 8-9 features an artists rendering of a possible 2 door/ 4 seat Porsche based on the Panamera but looking far more like a stretched 992.

It looks great.

Rhodris-dad said:
....and the Cayenne COUPE :dont know: the BMW X6 rival.

Porsche are trying to get a model in every market.

Always seems to me that the more models a manufacturer has in its range, the less premium the brand appears.

Remember when BMW and Mercedes were still proper premium manufacturers? They used to be special mainly because they weren't a common sight - nowadays their ranges are huge and every Tom, Dick and Harriet has one.

Hope Porsche keeps the range of models pretty much where it is right now.

T8 said:
Roro said:
T8 said:
Roro said:
Whatever happened to that. I'm sure I saw articles years ago that Porsche was planning a new Panamera-based 928. That would fly off the shelves I would have thought

We were 'talking' about it 7 years ago would you believe. :eek:

Here --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=74075&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Sadly it never did happen. :sad:

7 years! :what:

It's a shame the new 928 never materialised, but from this thread it's clear that Porsche decided to create a new 928 by the backdoor in the form of a bigger 911 ... :pc: :grin:

As if by magic ......... this weeks (3rd April) Autocar pages 8-9 features an artists rendering of a possible 2 door/ 4 seat Porsche based on the Panamera but looking far more like a stretched 992.

It looks great.

I'll keep an eye out for that!

The 992 footprint is almost the same as the Macan too. Lending support to the notion that the Macan is indeed a front engined 911 in Cuban heels and with slightly more leg room in the back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back