Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

Must admit I agree.

I'd love an estate one for work but a good car as a daily is never a priority. It's just something else to look after and service properly. :wink:

Not special enough for a sunny day toy. :nooo:

So today I woke up with that slight butterfly feeling :wack: :mrgreen:
Yes I'm going viewing a car this morning..
Is it normal to be fifty and still get this giddy about car search road trips?
:grin:

Good luck with the car search , it still happens to me when veiwing cars that feeling, probably worse as you get older as you know there is so much crap out there being miss described , hopefully a successful day for you :thumbs:

kas750 said:
So today I woke up with that slight butterfly feeling :wack: :mrgreen:
Yes I'm going viewing a car this morning..
Is it normal to be fifty and still get this giddy about car search road trips?
:grin:

:thumb:

Another badly described lump of junk vantage
I give up!!
Honestly am I too fussy?
:nooo:

Oh dear :nooo:

Such a shame. There are good ones out here. A friend of mine who is super picky had one, of course the trade-in price was the same as a standard crapper.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Such a shame. There are good ones out here. A friend of mine who is super picky had one, of course the trade-in price was the same as a standard crapper.

MC

Sounds the type of car I am looking for.
I just need to sit tight I think

kas750 said:
Another badly described lump of junk vantage
I give up!!
Honestly am I too fussy?
:nooo:

Bloody annoying isn't it!
I hope you didn't trail too far?

To be honest I'd have been annoyed at the seller of that 987 Spyder if I wasn't heading to Oulton for the start of a good weekend.
I hate the old 'Ah it's mint, you'll love it", before finding a stone-chipped, corroded wheel average car. :frustrated:

Hard to know if people are deliberately taking the mickey, or they genuinely don't see stone chips, curbed wheels etc as anything to mention.

I'd describe my 911 as being pretty good, it needs a new windscreen to be good, and a detail to get to very good.

Most of it is down to individual standards, the rest just BS to get you there.

The car was just north of knaresborough,a 240 mile round trip....A good area,or so I thought... as I got nearer to the postcode my heart started to sink...Yup an Aston Martin Vantage for sale in the middle of a council estate...

He also had a Mitusbishi Evo for sale if that completes the picture?

The car had corrosion around the door handles,on the top edge of the door skin and chips and scratches on both front and rear wings.

It had a Larini exhaust which sounded awful and a clutch that needed both feet to push..

He seemed quite an aggressive chap and I was p1ssed off so after a little word with myself I made my excuses and left because to be honest we could of ended up rolling around on his front garden.

I'm not viewing another car until I street view the address first! :wack:

Yeah that sucks. Good idea with the street view in future.

I hope he had a staffie in the back of the Evo to complete the picture. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back