Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Refurb - any recommendations (E Mids pref)

cheshire911 said:
T8 said:
cheshire911 said:
MisterCorn said:
Chris has done a couple of sets of wheels for me. One set had a problem over a year after he did the work. I mentioned it to him more for information than anything as it was so long ago. He came round to my house, took the wheels away and did them again. His levels of customer service are simply amazing.

MC

His customer service standard must have improved since my experience in 2015.

:eh!:

I've heard dozens, if not hundreds, of excellent experiences that match my own. This is the first hint that I've heard of one to the contrary.

I'm happy to share my experience with you Terry by a phone call via PM exchange of phone number. I can assure you, I am not the only person to have a different experience to the dozens if not hundreds of excellent experiences that match your own. No business can please all its customers all of the time. That is a fact.

Noted Amit, but no need, ta.

Another vote for Chris at Exel, particularly if yours are Hollow Spokes as the process and QC is often overlooked by your average wheel refurbisher.

C.

cheshire911 said:
T8 said:
cheshire911 said:
MisterCorn said:
Chris has done a couple of sets of wheels for me. One set had a problem over a year after he did the work. I mentioned it to him more for information than anything as it was so long ago. He came round to my house, took the wheels away and did them again. His levels of customer service are simply amazing.

MC

His customer service standard must have improved since my experience in 2015.

:eh!:

I've heard dozens, if not hundreds, of excellent experiences that match my own. This is the first hint that I've heard of one to the contrary.

I'm happy to share my experience with you Terry by a phone call via PM exchange of phone number. I can assure you, I am not the only person to have a different experience to the dozens if not hundreds of excellent experiences that match your own. No business can please all its customers all of the time. That is a fact.

Another vote for Exel Wheels*. I have nothing other than a positive experience, be it customer service or quality of work.
Of course, picking up on the point raised above, yes, it is impossible to please all the customers all of the time.
Some customers have an off day too.

* pedant's note - it's Exel rather than Excel.

It is a fact that no business can satisfy all its customers all of the time. What stands out (positively or negatively) is how a business handles a situation when the satisfaction standard is not met.

The task of wheel refurb is not differentiated. It is the package of service before, during and after the refurb that makes it marketable where my experience drove me to find good alternatives. My posts simply highlight there are good alternatives in service to consider. It's then down to personal choice for the customer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back