Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S headlight

Jgr

Hi, I'm new into Porsche ownership and wanting to get my car smartened up. Does anyone have either a tinted passenger side headlight, ( I'd explain as very slightly yellow tint) or a driver side unit without the tint?

Would be ideal if someone wants to swop or If you have one to sell please let me know.

Many thanks

Hi,
is the lens tinted or just yellowed through age (and a bit dull). The plastic lens ages with UV and goes dull. You can search on here for a lot of threads on teh subject.

Also, if you do need a replacement, do you have standard lights or Zenon? Easy to spot, the latter will have a silver wash nozzle.

Sounds like they need polishing.

Get yourself the 3M headlight polishing kit, set aside a couple of hours, take some brave pills and they'll be as good as new. :thumb:

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome HSC911,

Re polish I don't think it is aged/UV damage the headlight has already been polished as it was detailed before I bought the car. Does anyone know if they do make two different colours? The lamps are xenons with the chrome washers. If there isn't different types I'll give the 3m Route a go.

Thanks everyone..

I've not come across different coloured lights, unless someone has gone for a Le Mans look, odd though on one side only.

Few detailers would sand and polish the lights properly.

Post up some pics!

Robertb said:
I've not come across different coloured lights, unless someone has gone for a Le Mans look, odd though on one side only.

Few detailers would sand and polish the lights properly.

Post up some pics!

Hi Robert, it does seem odd, I know the previous owner replaced a headlight due to a failed ballest or control module. I'm away with work for a few days now but will get some pics up later this week when I can.

Cheers

Hi all, I've given the headlight a clean with a autoglym headlight cleaning kit and it has made a big difference however as the other light is new it's still not quite the same, so if anyone wants to swap a headlight either a new driver side I have for an old drivers side headlight or my passenger side for a newish passenger side. Or if you have a used drivers side headlight for sale Please let know?

Many thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back