Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1998 996 3.4 C2 Manual Cpe, Low Miles, M030, Sports Seats

CB911

Link to advert with photos - http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=9045

A low mileage (69k) 1998 996 3.4 C2 coupe with 6 speed manual transmission. Finished in Arctic Silver metallic with contrasting Boxster red leather interior.

Equipment

UK specification (C16), Factory fitted options include, Sports options package (014), Sports suspension -10mm lower (030), LSD Limited Slip Differential (220), Traction control ASR (222), Traction control ABD (224), 2-way electric sports seats left & right (375 & 376), Sound package (490) & Sunroof (650).

Exterior

Finished in Arctic Silver metallic, overall the exterior is in very good condition, with no signs of any rust on the arches. There are a few small marks present, commensurate with the age and mileage. There are some stone chips visible on the front bumper but otherwise this is a very clean example. There is a small mark on the driver's side wing.

The windscreen is to my knowledge original, but does have two chips, these are on the passenger side. Personally not an issue for me, but I prefer to be honest.

Interior

The interior looks fantastic and is finished in Boxster red leather, which extends to the doors cards and dash board. The centre console is colour coded in Arctic Silver. The electric hard back sport seats are a desirable option and were a must have for me.
Also fitted is the upgraded factory sound package and electric sunroof.

There is a set of genuine Porsche script floor mats. Overall the interior is in very good order, there is some minimal bolster wear and minor marks, but to my knowledge everything works as it should do.

Wheels & Tyres

The car currently sits on staggered 17 inch 996 C4 wheels, the car was supplied new with 18 inch wheels, but some time ago these were swapped for the current wheels. Personally I prefer the ride and drive of a 996 on 17's, especially with the slightly firmer M030 factory sports suspension.

The wheels are very clean and free of any kerb marks, they have previously been refurbished to a very good standard.

In February I fitted 4 new N rated Michelin PS2 tyres.

Engine & Transmission

The early 3.4 996's are thought to be the most reliable of the 996 variants, if you have done your research, you will have no doubt read that the later 3.6 cars can suffer from bore-scoring. This car is relatively low mileage and currently shows just over 69k miles, as a result it drives very well.

The early cars also benefit from the more reliable dual row IMS bearing. Prior to purchasing the car was serviced and inspected by my local OPC, there were no IMS/RMS oil leaks visible at the time of inspection. In addition to the service history below, I also have the last two old oil filters which were checked for any signs of fragments by the OPC. The car has only completed 1,200 miles since the last OPC service.

History and Maintenance

Supplied new on 20th March 1998 by Corkills Porsche Isle of Man, in October 1998 the car was registered on the UK mainland, just to be clear this is a C16 UK specification car. I also have a certificate of authenticity from Porsche.

I purchased the car last year as a weekend car. The previous owner purchased the vehicle privately in 2012 and prior to this the vehicle had the same owner from 2004 – 2012, he purchased the car from Paragon Porsche. I have the Paragon sales invoice from 2004 for £35k, the car still has matching Paragon number plates and both leather key fobs!

Both I and the previous owner garaged the car and used it sparingly over the winter months, only when dry and on salt free roads. I have two remote keys plus the valet key and complete book pack. I also have a new 'Carrera' script badge for the rear deck lid, personally I prefer the de-badged look.

MOT History

I have every paper MOT back to 2002, the current MOT expires May 2020.

Service History

The car has a solid service history and was serviced and inspected last year by my local OPC just prior to my purchase in June 2018 at 67,894 miles, the car currently has 69,050 miles. My local OPC completed the last 4 services, by sheer coincidence the previous owner lived close to me.

The service book is stamped from new with a number of supporting invoices, serviced as follows:

6k, 14k, 19k, 28k, 30k Miles – All Official Porsche Centre
30k, 36k, 42k 48k, 55k Miles – All Paragon
60k, 62k, 66k, 67k Miles – All Official Porsche Centre

Additional Work

In addition to routine servicing the following work has been completed:

May 2010 – Coolant & Water pump, header tank was replaced previously.
Feb 2012 – New Behr Hella Radiators, coolant and powder coated brackets.
Feb 2012 – New ARB bushes and bars powder coated.
June 2012 – Wheel Refurbishment.
Oct 2014 – New rear deck lid due to corrosion on bottom seam. A common issue.
Oct 2014 – New engine belt tensioners and deflection pulleys.
Jan 2015 – Brake overhaul including brake pipe and new fluid.
Jan 2017 – New battery.
Jul 2018 - New Behr Hella AC condensers, including a re-gas of the AC system. New genuine Porsche front ARB drop links.
Jul 2018 - New rubber coolant pipe and associated housing, plus fresh coolant. New air filter.
Feb 2019 – 4 x N rated Michelin PS2's in correct front 205 50 17 & rear 255 40 17 sizes

Summary

This is very good and honest example of an early cable-throttle 996, with lower than average miles, a solid service history and desirable factory options.

Please do feel free to ask any questions, happy to PM my number in case anyone would like to discuss.

I have the V5 in my name, the car is HPI clear and it is sold as seen, with no warranty implied or given. No test drives without fully comp Insurance, but I will happily take you for a decent drive. I am located in North Wiltshire close to J15 of M4 motorway.

I will be very sorry to see it go so soon, but an expanding family and other pressures on my time mean it is simply not being used as intended. I am not desperate to sell and will continue to enjoy the car until it finds a new home.
Sold

What a great car for someone... good luck with the sale :thumb:

Cheers for the positive feedback, the advert did take a little while, but I'm a firm believer that a decent write up really helps a sale. I was concerned it was little bit too much info!

I have tweaked the price and I am willing to listen to sensible offers.

The car is also booked in for a fresh MOT next week.

Looks like a really nice honest car. Good luck with the sale , sure it will be snapped up

askgeez said:
Looks like a really nice honest car. Good luck with the sale , sure it will be snapped up

Cheers, the market is a little slower than I had anticipated, but that means I will just keep enjoying it when I can!

The car now has a fresh MOT until May 2020, passed with very minimal advisories.

Cheers

Still for sale, I did have a sale agreed, but the purchaser has withdrawn as they haven't managed to complete the sale of their current car.

Open to sensible offers.

Many thanks.

I have tweaked the price as I've seen a replacement for my daily driver.

Any feedback appreciated, I am surprised I've not had more interest, but I appreciate the early cars and my spec is a bit marmite!

Cheers.

Great news- was surprised it didn't sell earlier, looks a great car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back