Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brakes - to upgrade or not

if anyone is after discs and pads there is 55% off on eurocarparts for the next 30 mins. Just about to pay £412 all in

nickjonesn4 said:
stuttgartmetal said:
Plate lift no doubt
Get the calipers refurbed, and discs and pads from Eurocarparts
Your problems will all be behind you.

Thanks. There is a massive sale at eurocarparts at the mo, just bought discs and pads for my AMG at 40% discount

Make sure you check around. Often they are the cheapest but the saving aren't quite what they seem as they hike up the price prior to the 'big sale". Bought a new Bosch S5 battery from them in the weekend as I need it within the hour so clicked and collected for £98 using the 50% off code so down from £196 but it's hardly 50% when the std price on their sister site carparts4less lists the same battery for £128 (and they always have £15 off) and I could have bought from a few other places at £100.

Good for batteries if there is a branch near you when you need to swap under warranty.

MC

Dream911 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
stuttgartmetal said:
Plate lift no doubt
Get the calipers refurbed, and discs and pads from Eurocarparts
Your problems will all be behind you.

Thanks. There is a massive sale at eurocarparts at the mo, just bought discs and pads for my AMG at 40% discount

Make sure you check around. Often they are the cheapest but the saving aren't quite what they seem as they hike up the price prior to the 'big sale". Bought a new Bosch S5 battery from them in the weekend as I need it within the hour so clicked and collected for £98 using the 50% off code so down from £196 but it's hardly 50% when the std price on their sister site carparts4less lists the same battery for £128 (and they always have £15 off) and I could have bought from a few other places at £100.

Had a quick check and the brake parts are a brilliant deal. Just deleted the battery from the basket however!!

Whats the view on braided hoses with SS connectors, goodridge or similar as an upgrade whilst the brakes are being done?

nickjonesn4 said:
Whats the view on braided hoses with SS connectors, goodridge or similar as an upgrade whilst the brakes are being done?

No real noticeable advantages over the stock hoses ( so long as they are in good order). Plenty of people have done the swap for braided. Just make
Sure you buy the set with the right connector as they different between the early and late model 993's.

Dream911 said:
nickjonesn4 said:

No real noticeable advantages over the stock hoses ( so long as they are in good order). Plenty of people have done the swap for braided. Just make
Sure you buy the set with the right connector as they different between the early and late model 993's.

Thanks. Will wait and see what state the ones in place are in

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back