Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Launch new Electric pickup truck

Phil 997

Le Mans
Porsche announces brand new lifestyle EV, the MACAW, launching late 2019
Porsche today released images of what it says is the first of it's EV lifestyle vehicles. The Macaw has been developed in parallel with the mission-e programme but any info has been almost non-existent until today. The rumour is that the Macaw is one of up to 6 being announced over the coming months. With the rush to launch EV vehicles Porsche has identified a market that they believe will grow faster than any other and has decided to go to market with product immediately.
They are calling it the 'Functionally Optimised Outdoor Lifestyle" or F.O.O.L vehicle design. This vehicle is aimed directly at 'weekend warriors" who need to escape to remote locations. It has off-road capabilities, can carry necessary gear in it's integrated cargo tray and the 'coupe utility" design allows you to get there quickly in comfort.
The Macaw will use a smaller version of the PSM motors from the Taycan but will still boast high performance figures. The biggest news is that Porsche have teamed with Panasonic to produce the worlds first 400kWh Nitrogen-cooled MerLithium-ion battery. It can be recharged from 20% to 100% in less than 30mins and offers a range of up to 840km on a single charge.
Whilst information about this new launch is still very limited we understand more will be released throughout today.

Attachments

• 55541947_3168003833272775_6294330737575329792_n_590.jpg
    55541947_3168003833272775_6294330737575329792_n_590.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,485
:D :hand:

I LIKE IT PHIL ! This is wonderful, I'll order one today.....

I'll use it to drive over and pick up that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow......however you spelled the battery bit wrong Phil, it's better know as the Kinetic Nitrogen-cooled Omerlithium-ion Battery..... or KNOB for short.... :grin:

Phil I think your taycan the Porsche Integrated Sunroof System!

Every month they find a way to ruin the brand name.

They've turned into Audi now surviving in the heritage of why once was

Shame.

If Porsche made a pickup I would genuinely be tempted to put an order in! I would want a V8 Turbo though...

If you had done a Porsche mobility scooter it would have been more credible!

;-)

Gents some of your replies are as funny as my April fools post :floor: :floor: :floor: well spotted those that sussed it out :thumb: :thumb:

mikeluke said:
If you had done a Porsche mobility scooter it would have been more credible!

;-)

Wont be long mate :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• slide_4_144.jpg
    slide_4_144.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,340
Laugh you may, but who thought Merc would make a pick up, Lambo relaunching into the 4x4 market or Ferrari joining the SUV fold.
This may happen, may not look like this, but don't be surprised

FZP said:
Laugh you may, but who thought Merc would make a pick up, Lambo relaunching into the 4x4 market or Ferrari joining the SUV fold.
This may happen, may not look like this, but don't be surprised

Problem is though Merc said they were making a pickup but then stuck a merc badge on an existing pickup, utter tosh. There is a gap for an X63 AMG or a 'MACOW' turbo.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back