Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Refurb - any recommendations (E Mids pref)

INWB

My turbo alloys are lovely and the fronts are near perfect. However, since I bought the car it has always bugged me that the inside rim is a disaster of wheel weights and paint that has faded. Whoever refurbed them last also didn't use the stock colour.

I am sending the car in for a bit of a spray and think it may be nice to do the wheels at the same time.

What I am after is the same colour they came out of the factory with. Can anyone recommend a company? E Mids or ones that will deliver them back to me.

Ta.

Chris at Excel is always worth a word. If he does it you know it will be right.

MC

I've used Alloy Wheel Refurbishment UK for two sets now (911 & Skoda Superb) and been very pleased. Can also do repairs / straightening. They are at Binley Woods Coventry. Picked the Skoda up Saturday - £315 incl fitting 4 new tyres I supplied. You can leave the car or just take the wheels in.

They use a 3 stage process - baked base coat, painted colour of your choice, baked clearcoat.

They had 150+ wheels awaiting refurb when I was there on Saturday!

Ian

+1 for Chris at Excel.
Don't even need to get your hands dirty - he does the whole service and checks the finished job. I've heard he uses a n other to do the work and acts as an intermediary but his prices are still very competitive.

Peter B said:
+1 for Chris at Excel.
Don't even need to get your hands dirty - he does the whole service and checks the finished job. I've heard he uses a n other to do the work and acts as an intermediary but his prices are still very competitive.

Correct. He sub-contracts the work to Lepsons in Kent. At least he did back in 2015 when he did mine.

Many thanks all - will give them a call and make a decision.

Chris has done a couple of sets of wheels for me. One set had a problem over a year after he did the work. I mentioned it to him more for information than anything as it was so long ago. He came round to my house, took the wheels away and did them again. His levels of customer service are simply amazing.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Chris has done a couple of sets of wheels for me. One set had a problem over a year after he did the work. I mentioned it to him more for information than anything as it was so long ago. He came round to my house, took the wheels away and did them again. His levels of customer service are simply amazing.

MC

:yeah: PeterS kerbed one of his wheels after an Exel refurb and Chris wasn`t happy with the other 3, so he took them away and refurbed the lot again for the price of 1 :grin:

I have had 2 sets refurbed by ChrisW and they are still top notch after 4+ years :thumb:

Another shout for Chris, can't fault his work or customer service.

MisterCorn said:

MC

His customer service standard must have improved since my experience in 2015.

cheshire911 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

:eh!:

I've heard dozens, if not hundreds, of excellent experiences that match my own. This is the first hint that I've heard of one to the contrary.

apollokre1d said:
Another shout for Chris, can't fault his work or customer service.

:agree:

I wouldn't use anyone else! My wheels are still pristine 3 years on! :thumbs:

I dealt directly with Lepsons and would do the same again.

T8 said:
cheshire911 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

:eh!:

I've heard dozens, if not hundreds, of excellent experiences that match my own. This is the first hint that I've heard of one to the contrary.

I'm happy to share my experience with you Terry by a phone call via PM exchange of phone number. I can assure you, I am not the only person to have a different experience to the dozens if not hundreds of excellent experiences that match your own. No business can please all its customers all of the time. That is a fact.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back