Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

That's a bargain and nice little project. Right up your street mate. Mint it up for the summer, enjoy wafting around our lovely countryside in it then move it on next year for a 15k profit.

alex yates said:
I'm not a fan of the Gran Tourismo - they just look too big and heavy. The 4200 GT is far more nimble and better in the twisties.

My brother in law and I spent a day at the Excel classic show last month and decided that Ferraris are too big nowadays. In the confines of the auction stand they looked far too wide, especially next to an older 911.

It's a no to the Maserati. I've no doubt of it's engineeing excellence but I personally couldn't live with the looks.
Each to their own :thumb:

kas750 said:
It's a no to the Maserati. I've no doubt of it's engineeing excellence but I personally couldn't live with the looks.
Each to their own :thumb:

I don't think there was a recommendation, rather a clarification on V8 sound between a cross plane crank and a flat plane crank to MC's comment and a general remark about Italian V8s getting under the skin. You have some good choices for your available budget, so you should be able to get yourself into some kind of V8. You'll love them. The C63 stands out for me - but then I've always been a Merc man.

Today I got a call whilst I was at Beamish museum with my lad Joe from someone who wanted to view my 911 and he was from Glasgow.
So this evening he came down bought,paid and gone.

:dont know: :eek:

I should be pleased but I'm mostly sad :wack:

Good result!

I know the feeling.
I'm also getting that age old feeling that no matter what my budget is, the next car I want is always in the next price band up. :frustrated: :grin:

Good luck with the hunt though. You can plough ahead properly now. :thumb:

kas750 said:
Today I got a call whilst I was at Beamish museum with my lad Joe from someone who wanted to view my 911 and he was from Glasgow.
So this evening he came down bought,paid and gone.

:dont know: :eek:

I should be pleased but I'm mostly sad :wack:

He got wind of the prototype double ended resonator bung :thumb:

Well done mate. The hunt can really start to begin :thumbs:

Looks like fun getting in and out past that gearknob. :puh:

Ady that little bike on the right looks mega. 8)

Also, consider yourself lucky you still have something in the garage with an internal combustion engine. :D

I've been that bored today I carried out a full refurb on my garden water feature. :grin:

Southerners car.

ie totally miserable when it's cold and wet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back