Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New cayenne owner - 958.2 GTS

Danbassy

First Porsche loving it!!

Attachments

• ca28a4ce_19b0_441e_9a24_b801b6db31ad_171.jpeg
    ca28a4ce_19b0_441e_9a24_b801b6db31ad_171.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 4,177
Now, that is how to present a car!

So well put together (look at the shut lines) and a wonderful shine with not a trace of orange peel!

In my opinion, the build quality and finish of a modern Porsche is so far ahead of Mercedes and BMW.

Danbassy said:

GTS looks excellent!

Out of interest - if it's your first Porsche then why does your signature feature. 2010 Turbo?

Great looking GTS, what's the mpg like?
Got this out of my Deisel S recently,
wondering whether to go down the petrol
route.

Attachments

• fbb952cb_633c_441c_bd10_96b5f032e5ac_663.jpeg
    fbb952cb_633c_441c_bd10_96b5f032e5ac_663.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 3,816
You don't buy a Cayenne GTS expecting low petrol consumption.
I get mid-teens around town or on short runs and high teens, maybe even 20 on longer runs.
It does sound good though.....!

Yes that soundtrack is great definitely put a smile on your face!
Doing too many high mile trips in mine at the moment to consider petrol but
tempted. :thumb:

Drybeer said:
Danbassy said:

GTS looks excellent!

Out of interest - if it's your first Porsche then why does your signature feature. 2010 Turbo?

Caught me lol, I bought a 2010 cayenne turbo from a dealer, turned out to be a dog. Got a refund

the only downside is after having the v8 turbo for a month, I've been spoilt by that v8 grunt. however on the subject of fuel economy the v6 turbo is much better, and the GTS with the PSE sounds great

Martin Rose said:
I get mid-teens around town or on short runs and high teens, maybe even 20 on longer runs.

where in Essex are you Martin, really fancy going to some of the meets, but not. sure if the cayenne would be welcome alongside all the 911's

Danbassy said:
Drybeer said:
Danbassy said:

GTS looks excellent!

Caught me lol, I bought a 2010 cayenne turbo from a dealer, turned out to be a dog. Got a refund

Ah - understood.

Coincidentally I'm in the middle of a loa of pain with faults on mine (also 2010) - luckily Porsche warranty there to catch me but it's one thing after another at the mo.

Danbassy said:
Martin Rose said:

where in Essex are you Martin, really fancy going to some of the meets, but not. sure if the cayenne would be welcome alongside all the 911's

I'm based near Brentwood. I don't get to go to the R11 Club meets that often, but I have been in the Cayenne, especially in winter. No problem at all. Friend of mine turned up in his M5, mind you it was dark outside....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back