Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo tyres

DynoMike said:
Just changed my PS2s for a set of Cup2s, what a transformation! The grip in the dry is eye watering compared to before, with ride comfort being much better than anticipated.

Not driven them in the wet yet but for dry weather use they are stunning :thumbs: If they made PS4S in the right sizes I would have fitted those as the best all rounders.

I just read that you were on Pirellis, my guess is that PS2 would be a great step up.

Been contemplating this, it's quite a significant price difference though. They are terrible in the wet I've heard and I'm planning on using the car for Nurburgring trips, so don't want to get caught out!

sim996 said:
DynoMike said:
Just changed my PS2s for a set of Cup2s, what a transformation! The grip in the dry is eye watering compared to before, with ride comfort being much better than anticipated.

Not driven them in the wet yet but for dry weather use they are stunning :thumbs: If they made PS4S in the right sizes I would have fitted those as the best all rounders.

I just read that you were on Pirellis, my guess is that PS2 would be a great step up.

Been contemplating this, it's quite a significant price difference though. They are terrible in the wet I've heard and I'm planning on using the car for Nurburgring trips, so don't want to get caught out!

That car of yours is going to be a beast, I would definitely think about better tyres than PS2s. They are expensive, I paid 895 for the set, the first ones the tyre place got in for me were 2016 manufacture so these were returned and some wk47/17 rears were the next ones they received. This is pretty much the reason why I don't buy from online sources, as the tyres may just be old stock, hence the cheap prices.

Perhaps ask Matt what he thinks is your best route?

Thanks for the replies...if I can find ps4's I think I'll go for those, otherwise I'll go for the ps2's. Do they still make them because I don't want to be buying a new tyre that has been sat around for a couple of years.

Just check the date stamp on the tyre, this is the problem when buying online as they just send you any 4 tyres. If your buying and they're infront of you, you can check that they're all from the same year, so you should be looking for 4 tyres marked late 2018 or early 2019.
The is important if your selling as a prospective buyer may look at the stamps and if you've got 2 year old tyres that were sold to you a month ago then you've been short changed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back