Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Nuts

Haha, have a look at how geeky we all are!

We know how to have fun on a Friday night don't we.....

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Martian said:
I bought titanium bolts many years ago from PorscheShop. Obviously no corrosion, a lot lighter and they still look like new. Circa £350 for 20 though.

+1 on the titanium bolts. I bought mine last year from a company (Acer Racing) in the USA. No more rust issues. :thumbs:

DucatiRob said:
DucatiRob said:
timbo1811 said:
The handbook says not to put grease on the seat, therefore I assume no risk of any galvanic reaction.

I stand corrected

But also to grease the threads hence using ali grease rather than copperslip!

But bolts go into the hub which is steel so should be ok with copper slip, the bolt seat centers the wheel so I don't think the threads touch the actual wheel.

Sorry, I get really worried when people start using different/incorrect terminology on threads like this :grin:

The aluminium grease, a tiny amount, should be applied between the flange bolt surface and the mating spherical seat top surface, then on the threads of the flange bolt, the 2 black arrows ,not on the part that the red line points to on the attached pic :thumb:

We don`t want our wheels coming loose chaps :nooo:

MArAMgk.png

deMort said:
There are x2 colours of wheel bolts .. silver .. the original and you do them up to 100 ft lb... 130 nm.

The black ones are the new ones .. from memory they are tightened to 112 ft lb .

The black ones are 160Nm and I recall they eventually said that should also be used on the silver ones.

kurlykris said:
Sorry, I get really worried when people start using different/incorrect terminology on threads like this :grin:

The aluminium grease, a tiny amount, should be applied between the flange bolt surface and the mating spherical seat top surface, then on the threads of the flange bolt, the 2 black arrows ,not on the part that the red line points to on the attached pic :thumb:

We don`t want our wheels coming loose chaps :nooo:

MArAMgk.png

I think thats what I said!

Im thinking of getting the stainless steel bolts but what do you think of the titanium ones for a bit extra cash. if so best place to get them

Martian said:
I bought titanium bolts many years ago from PorscheShop. Obviously no corrosion, a lot lighter and they still look like new. Circa £350 for 20 though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back