Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

after a 997

SausageCreature said:
alex yates said:
About £4k as the only realistic preventative measure is an engine rebuild and bigger bearing fitted.

Could you explain a bit more for me please? Why would the engine need a rebuild when a new bearing is fitted? Or do you mean £4k is the cost of a rebuild and upgraded IMS on an engine that has already failed?

I thought that an upgraded IMS bearing could be fitted at the time when a clutch change is done. Surely this cannot be £4k?

An upgraded bearing is in the realms of £500 for parts (that is an expensive bearing).

M

I THINK Alex means that if there is borescoring damage in addition to the requirement of an improved IMS bearing then he's estimating £4000.

Personally I was reckoning circa £2000 at somewhere like Autofarm - but it was only a guess. I might call them to enquire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back