Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4k not to fit option

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
pinched this from the Jasmine advert for the RS always amazes me how you can be charged not to fit something I would love to try this with my customers :hand:

Porsche 997 Gen 1 GT3RS

This car is a RHD 2008 911 (997.1) GT3RS and is believed to be just one of six Gen 1 cars ordered from the factory finished in White without the decals (a £4000 option). Only 8,418 miles.

or is it 4k to fit the decals ? not sure which is the bigger rip-off

Gazc2 said:
pinched this from the Jasmine advert for the RS always amazes me how you can be charged not to fit something I would love to try this with my customers :hand:

Porsche 997 Gen 1 GT3RS

This car is a RHD 2008 911 (997.1) GT3RS and is believed to be just one of six Gen 1 cars ordered from the factory finished in White without the decals (a £4000 option). Only 8,418 miles.

or is it 4k to fit the decals ? not sure which is the bigger rip-off

It isn't the lack of decals - it's the paint.

When launched the 997.1 RS was available in orange or green with black decals and black or silver with orange decals. There were no other colour options and no paint to samples. There was subsequently a lot of customer noise from people who wanted a white one (remember - this was just as white exploded as THE predictable colour that everyone was buying of the day and it is also before GT3 build slot rationing - if you ordered one at launch, they built you a car). Consequently, late in the production Porsche offered a hilariously expensive option to effectively PTS in Carrara white only and without any decals. This is what it is talking about.

Footnote to this : at the time, white was of course a no cost option on every other model in the 911 range.

Aah that makes more sense :thumb: although as you point out hilarious amount to paint it white :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back