Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After the 992 the next 911 will be called the _ _ _ ?

After the 992 the next 911 will be called the _ _ _ ?

• 994 followed by the 995

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 998 followed by the 999

• 911 Mark 9

• 9 no idea

• something else which I'll post as a reply..

• Total voters
alex yates said:
Thought e stood for Ecstasy. :dont know: :eek: :grin:

That would make it a '99e and wizz" and we would have to deal with a 999...

Today I will be listening to Pulp different class...

Attachments

• 17baae69_2eee_4d5a_9111_893607d318fb_112.jpeg
    17baae69_2eee_4d5a_9111_893607d318fb_112.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 3,369
If it gets much bigger and goes electric it will just be called

Porsche Panamara E Coupe

:grin: :grin: :grin:

According to the list of type numbers on Wikipedia, only 998 and 999 remain unused, so presumably they'll use 998 next. But maybe not. They're going to have to come up with a new internal code eventually as there are only two left, but that's quite some time in the future.

MaxA said:
According to the list of type numbers on Wikipedia, only 998 and 999 remain unused, so presumably they'll use 998 next. But maybe not. They're going to have to come up with a new internal code eventually as there are only two left, but that's quite some time in the future .............

.......................... by which time the rear mounted flat-six will probably be pensioned off meaning that the 911 won't exist.

After that they can call it what they like. :-|

T8 said:
MaxA said:
According to the list of type numbers on Wikipedia, only 998 and 999 remain unused, so presumably they'll use 998 next. But maybe not. They're going to have to come up with a new internal code eventually as there are only two left, but that's quite some time in the future .............

.......................... by which time the rear mounted flat-six will probably be pensioned off meaning that the 911 won't exist.

Maybe the flat six will be a little 2.0 range extender or something? I'm keeping my 3.8 until either I find a pot of gold in the garden and I buy a GT3 or I drop dead.

Does anybody know why 718 followed 981 for the Cayster?

MaxA said:
T8 said:
MaxA said:

Maybe the flat six will be a little 2.0 range extender or something? I'm keeping my 3.8 until either I find a pot of gold in the garden and I buy a GT3 or I drop dead.

Yup, that and the Euro speed limiters and driver aids. Might as well not bother with a new car post 2022 :nooo:

Well ,they re-used the 718 monicker, so why not 993 :?:

James M-S said:
Does anybody know why 718 followed 981 for the Cayster?

A cynical marketing ploy, using the old 4 cylinder racing heritage, to promote the new 4 cylinder road cars.

In reality is it makes no difference whatsoever in terms of the designation Porsche assign... YOU will still claim you car is a 911, which some indeed are... right up till the 964 designation started all the confusion, causing the break out of dogged determination amongst the faithful chose to ignore such blasphemy .. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back