Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aluminium bung for air box Helmholtz resonator delete

Alex

Nordschleife
A few members have mentioned they'd like something a bit nicer than a plastic bottle top for when they've done the resonator delete mod, so last week I made a few Aluminium bungs that fit perfectly in the hole left by removal of the resonator. When I did mine I just put some superglue around the lip of the bung and glued it in. Anyone wanting one, PM me for details. I've also done a couple of double ended bungs so the resonator can be removed but keeping the original induction pipe in place, but unfortunately both these have been snapped up already. If anyone's interested in one of those I'll make some more.

Here's the finished items (standard bungs on the left, double ended bung on the right:

ZmSTXdk.jpg

......and in action (sorry for the dark photo, just taken it now.):

AIfeZPn.jpg

The double ended one can be used on tips. Both double enders were purchased from tip owners on here.

Deffo makes the engine sound more aggressive and does feel a bit pokier but that maybe just the increased sound effect. :dont know:

I meant to do a post about this but haven't had a spare minute but yes they do fit a tip with no alteration to gear changes but a pleasing increase in bwaaaarrpp! when you give it the berries. :grin: :worship:
The fit is just perfection!

Nothing cooler than an invisible mod. :grin: :thumb:

Nice job Alex your workmanship always looks like perfection :thumb: :thumb: you know the 997 boys will be sulking as they need a cap not a bung :grin: :thumb:

:clap:

I'm not doing anodised unless I do a large run & group buy as it's too much hassle and expense for one. You can easily spray it black.

it seems my car has one of those but i never understood what it does :D :eek:

If you decide to make some more of these then I'd be interested in buying one of the double ended bungs suitable for a Tip.

I'll drop you a PM as suggested. :thumb:

alex yates said:
I'm not doing anodised unless I do a large run & group buy as it's too much hassle and expense for one. You can easily spray it black.
No worries, cheers!

Replied to your pm let me know if you got it and any updates would be great 👍🏻

Will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back