Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Tonbridge Major Service incl. plugs & fluids £1125.

MattyR

Imola
So I thought this was pretty clued up as Porsche seem to be keeping an eye on the Indy prices. I had a chat with the service manager and he said that Porsche have reviewed their pricing strategy and their new rates will be online soon-ish.

Anyway, the major 12 year service including spark plugs, engine oil, brake fluid, filters and polybelt is £1125.00 inclusive of VAT. Chuck in the obligatory Cayman as a courtesy and that is pretty darn good, no?[/img]

Assuming they actually do all the work...

Just had mine in for a major service with them, and noticed that under the listed parts on the invoice the drive belt was missing; they hadn't changed it even though it's a mandatory item on the service schedule. Now booked in to have the work done. Not ideal, and if it had gone unnoticed and failed I expect the warranty discussions would have been interesting.

Their quote included in the belt change so it would appear that someone didn't check the service items on the day.

No issues with Tonbridge previously, so inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'll be going over invoices and confirming that all work has been done on future visits.

Did that include the belt change (4y) and/or gearbox oil (12y)?

I paid £1800-1900 ish for major+belt+brake fluid+plugs on a 997t so that does sound like a good reduction

Same jobs would cost around £690 per the menu price at my local highly respected indy.

Robertb said:
Same jobs would cost around £690 per the menu price at my local highly respected indy.

If you know how good a price that is, ask OPC for the book time for that list.
Then multiply your indy labour rate by the book time in hours and compare that to his £690 cost of service (+ VAT). Idf the labour rate x book time is close to £690 is he giving the parts for the difference?

Nearly half of that was the plugs. I've a feeling the 997t plugs are harder to get at

Ishay said:

I paid £1800-1900 ish for major+belt+brake fluid+plugs on a 997t so that does sound like a good reduction

It did indeed chap. See linky as the new rates have just been published:

https://files1.porsche.com/filestore/download/uk/none/porscheservice-servicepricing-911-997/default/29235e2a-4c9a-11e9-80c4-005056bbdc38/911-(Type-997).pdf

I don't understand some of the surprise at the cost. Paragon Porsche, for example, are £200.00 more expensive. La Rose are coming in at the cheapest at £905.00 but doesn't include the transmission oil change as not required yet apparently (60k miles). These outfits are in Kent so maybe regional differences explain the varying costs to other posters experiences.

To be honest I'll happily pay Porsche Tonbridge to service my car at that rate. I get a Cayman as a toy for the day, they pick my car up and drop it off for free at my home. Plus the OPC stamp is more advantageous for selling the car on (so long as the car has a good history file as well).

Axlesnap said:

Just had mine in for a major service with them, and noticed that under the listed parts on the invoice the drive belt was missing; they hadn't changed it even though it's a mandatory item on the service schedule. Now booked in to have the work done. Not ideal, and if it had gone unnoticed and failed I expect the warranty discussions would have been interesting.

Their quote included in the belt change so it would appear that someone didn't check the service items on the day.

No issues with Tonbridge previously, so inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'll be going over invoices and confirming that all work has been done on future visits.

Thanks for the heads up. It's an annoying oversight. You'd be shocked at the condition my old 993 came back from a very highly respected Indy a couple of years ago. They rectified the damage but it was alarming.

Ishay said:

Turbos are more labour for a plug change, more bits to remove.

At 100 quid + per hour, it doesn't sound like you have been ripped off.

Ishay said:

Mine didn't need the gearbox oil but with PCGB and regular customer discount I only paid £1402.

That included 3.5 hours labour @ £120 + £110 parts for the plug change hurt the most but was as quoted in advance.

Axlesnap said:

Interesting to read this as when mine had its last major they went to do it and discovered that they didn't have the belt (which supposedly should have been on the rack ready with all of the other parts for the job the day before). This was at Cambridge and was supposed to be done while I waited so I'd been hanging around a long time before it became evident. To their credit they did everything else and charged me just for that part of the job (minus the parts and labour for the belt change) then picked the car up the following week, took it away and did the belt then brought it home full of fuel for no further charge - a resolution that I consider "the right answer" and that I was thus completely happy with.

One idly wonders if there might actually be something unclear or badly laid out in the parts ordering system or something like that which makes the oversight more likely :?:

All original parts for the Major Service come to £250 approx...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back