Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Incoming 991 C4S

Ade_MK

Hi Everyone

As a follow on from my newbie intro thread I thought I'd add some more details here about my incoming 911 purchase.

I've always respected 911s but never really had the desperate urge to purchase one until the 991 was released (please don't hate me for admitting to that :eek: )

It was after I saw one with the Sport design kit ducktail that I was sold and started the search.

So fast forward some years later and here I am waiting to collect my first 911 on Friday.

It's a white 2013 991 C4S PDK with the main options of;
SportDesign package
SportDesign Steering wheel
Sport Chrono package
Sports Exhaust
Sport seats 14 way
Bose
Sunroof
Light design package etc

Anyway i'm properly excited and expect the next few nights to contain very little actual sleep....
:frustrated:

Ade

Attachments

• 911_front_indoor_sm_103.jpg
    911_front_indoor_sm_103.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,420
Looks absolutely fab! :thumbs:

Hi Ade,

lovely car!

I nearly purchased this exact car myself last October but could not decide on whether I liked the duck tail or not so didn't proceed.

One thing I didn't say in my post on your newbie thread.

Me = :envy:

Thanks everyone. I'm really chuffed, I certainly do have a long week ahead of me though.

I could have collected it sooner but i have a funeral on Thursday so thought I'd collect it Friday as the perfect way to cheer me up afterwards.

I've been watching this car for quite some time and it was the ducktail that kept me coming back to it as I really think it finishes the look of the car IMHO. It's funny how it was the same thing that put you off Gilford, but I've always said if everyone liked the same things, life would be pretty dull.

The last few price reductions plus the aforementioned family passing made me decide that life is too short and can change quickly so you'd better enjoy it while you can!
After a visit for the test drive it really was just a matter of time...

Anyway I'm planning on collection then a run down to Caffeine & Machine for a photo op and some lunch as a way to get some extra time in it during the drive home 8)

I'll pop up a few more pictures if the weather stays nice and I get any good ones during collection day :thumb:

I actually enquired about the car when it was being sold privately, Porsche then bought it and whacked £8k on it which was just ridiculous and as you I watched the price drop and drop.

I do like the ducktail but as I was split on it I thought when I come to sell it would be the general opinion so decided against it in the end, it is lovely though!

I'd be intrigued as to what you paid, PM me if you want, I know what I got them down to after backing out so could compare figures :grin:

gilford said:
I actually enquired about the car when it was being sold privately, Porsche then bought it and whacked £8k on it which was just ridiculous and as you I watched the price drop and drop.

I do like the ducktail but as I was split on it I thought when I come to sell it would be the general opinion so decided against it in the end, it is lovely though!

I'd be intrigued as to what you paid, PM me if you want, I know what I got them down to after backing out so could compare figures :grin:

Ducktail :worship:

Nice ! Here is mine ! Twins !!

Attachments

• img_e0352_275.jpg
    img_e0352_275.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,035
Well Friday was pretty much a perfect car collection day! Nice and dry, sunny but not too hot 8)

Well i'm not sure i can't tell you all much you don't already know. It's such a different place to be than my outgoing M3. It's funny that a lot of the criticisms that were levelled at the 991 in most reviews really don't seem apparent when you've not come from an earlier 911.

The steering that pretty much all reviewers mention as not be very special etc seems to be perfectly fine for me and very comparable to the M3. I'd say there is more feel in the 911 even though the steering feels lighter.

The road noise/ tyre roar, again is at least as good or better than the M3 was so another point I'm happy is not likely to bother me at all.

The chassis is soo much more composed to my mind. Whilst there is movement over bumps and camber changes in the road it feels much more confidence inspiring and rewarding rather than uncontrolled and worrying.

Then the sheer grip on offer is truly another level altogether! I actually feel like i can enjoy the power available rather than have to tip toe around when the tyres are cold or it's damp or it's a bumpy road etc etc
I haven't been going wild, but just being able to pull out of a junction at something more than a crawl without going sideways and tyres slipping is very nice.

Power wise it's not as quick as the M3. It's not far off mind, it takes a different driving style as the raw torque from the M3 means it could make rapid progress in most gears most of the time etc but referring back to the sheer grip comments that also works against the M3 in many conditions and circumstances IMHO, it is probably the main reason I wanted to change out of the BMW. So I'm certainly very happy in this respect.
:thumb:

Sound... well there's simply no comparison here. The M3 as standard is very quite so I had a few things done to help it find a voice but even then it was very raw and loud without much finesse to the noise, it was never going to win awards in that department no matter what you. The C4S on the other hand, well it's just bloody lovely! It's worryingly addictive trying to hunt out the high end of the rev range just for the sound alone :mrgreen:

So overall I'm really pleased with it so far and am very much looking forward to getting better acquainted with it over the coming months/ years 8)

Ade

oh and I managed to forget the memory cards for my decent camera, so collection day pics are iPhone only :frustrated:

And lastly MLB9911, they're really very close to full identical twin status
8) you clearly have impeccable taste :thumb:

Attachments

• photo_29_03_2019_10_51_27_151.jpg
    photo_29_03_2019_10_51_27_151.jpg
    958 KB · Views: 4,989
  • photo_29_03_2019_10_12_14_352.jpg
    photo_29_03_2019_10_12_14_352.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 4,989
  • photo_29_03_2019_11_00_17_166.jpg
    photo_29_03_2019_11_00_17_166.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 4,989
  • photo_29_03_2019_12_20_36_873.jpg
    photo_29_03_2019_12_20_36_873.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,989
  • photo_31_03_2019_19_32_45_862.jpg
    photo_31_03_2019_19_32_45_862.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,989
👍 Loving the side decals :worship: And the sound, one of the 991.1's best kept secrets

spongebob squarepants said:
👍 Loving the side decals :worship: And the sound, one of the 991.1's best kept secrets

Why thank you :D

You're not wrong about the sound, it's just so addictive....

The only things i'm thinking of changing for now is the valve stem caps... green is just not working for me :floor:

Possibly red seatbelts although I fear it may end up being a very expensive process to upgrade them, so i'll need to do some more research on that one.

Lastly i'm considering some spacers just to help the wheels fill the arches fully. It seems that there is not a huge amount of information around about what is recommended for the 991 though? I've looked at a number of places and very few seem to list them and fewer still have any black spacers at all?
Does any one have any useful experience in this area? Aside from the Porsche 5mm ones I can't find much solid info.

Ade

Ade_MK said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Why thank you :D

You're not wrong about the sound, it's just so addictive....

The only things i'm thinking of changing for now is the valve stem caps... green is just not working for me :floor:

Possibly red seatbelts although I fear it may end up being a very expensive process to upgrade them, so i'll need to do some more research on that one.

Lastly i'm considering some spacers just to help the wheels fill the arches fully. It seems that there is not a huge amount of information around about what is recommended for the 991 though? I've looked at a number of places and very few seem to list them and fewer still have any black spacers at all?
Does any one have any useful experience in this area? Aside from the Porsche 5mm ones I can't find much solid info.

Ade

Seatbelts can be done relatively cheaply, place on e bay. Re the arches, does the C2S look an different? :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back