Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Newbie

Diddi said:
Hi Ken,

I was in 1991 a few times in HKG there was still Kai Tak and I with Lufthansa! Very beautiful city and a little adventure if you wanted !

The Dizzy Caps /Rotors are exchanged - keep an eye on the belt and the bearings - before there's any trouble !!

Grüsse, Diddi

I read on the other thread that you've refreshed the dizzy cap, rotors, casing and bearings for a fellow member. It was a superb job! :worship: My Indy checked the belt and reported back with a photo that it is still in good conditions, but he didn't mention anything about the bearings. I'll have a chat with him and get it check next time I'm there. Thank you very much for your kind reminder. :thumb:

Talking about Kai Tak airport, I visited a shopping arcade few days ago. There was a gallery which showed some photos of the old airport. Here are some which may bring back some of your memories about Hong Kong. :lol:

Attachments

• img_7954_276.jpg
    img_7954_276.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,059
  • img_7961_927.jpg
    img_7961_927.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,059
  • img_7958_845.jpg
    img_7958_845.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,059
  • img_7956_120.jpg
    img_7956_120.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,059
  • a027a8d1_d7f8_42a0_b3f5_2eeb3bd213e1_882.jpg
    a027a8d1_d7f8_42a0_b3f5_2eeb3bd213e1_882.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,059
H0ME said:
speedracer said:
Question: In the first image 'image_17.jpg", is it normal to have the handbrake lever tilted so far towards the driver seat? I might need to get this sorted although it doesn't really affect the functionality of it.

My handbrake does this. I wasn't sure if it was as per design or simply from time/use that is had been 'pulled' that direction!?

Interesting. I'll check out other 993s during the next car and coffee meet. I forgot to bring this up to my Indy during the recent service. He just readjusted the hand brake cable for me. I guess it doesn't really hurt since I haven't noticed any deficiencies on its function.

tyinsky said:
Handbrake may need a spot weld.

So are you saying they should be dead straight down the line and not taper off to the driver? Been looking for photos...

H0ME said:
tyinsky said:

So are you saying they should be dead straight down the line and not taper off to the driver? Been looking for photos...

Mines slightly off, its simply has to be the end result of being yanked a squllion times with a slight onus to the right. Works fine.

Croydon said:
H0ME said:
tyinsky said:

Mines slightly off, its simply has to be the end result of being yanked a squllion times with a slight onus to the right. Works fine.

Yes overtime the handbrake will bend toward the drivers side as people yank it up and towards themselves. I noticed this with mine whilst I had interior apart I bent it straight again in the vice, easy to do but you need to disassemble it so a time consuming job. I'll be careful to only pull the lever directly upwards.

Trev

Is there any play side to side with the lever? If there is, the side nearest the driver will have broken from the original bracket fixing. tiny spot weld will fix it.

tyinsky said:
Is there any play side to side with the lever? If there is, the side nearest the driver will have broken from the original bracket fixing. tiny spot weld will fix it.

I will check that. Thanks for the advise tyinsky! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back