Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning Leather Seats and Dash....

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
Has anyone got hints, tips and advice on the best way to clean and treat my seats and dash...

I've also seen some random things online about removing creases and wondered if anyone had tried them... (hot towels, heat gun, iron)

Dr Leather wipes to clean, leave a matt finish. Gentle heat will help remove imperfections in some circumstances. Dyes are available to mask cracks if you are able to find a colour match. Have a look on http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php for lots of advice on treating and restoring leather.

I've read very good things about Dodo Juice Supernatural leather cleaner and sealant. A local high end detailer uses it, seems to get excellent results. I keep meaning to buy some!

I've tried heating leather up. It certainly works on light creases. Then I broke my wife's hair dryer... :oops:

Woolite mixed with water 5 parts water to 1 woolite is a really good leather cleaner and works out super clean. Have a google and there are lots of results for it. Ive tries it and it does work really well. Gliptone leather conditioner also restores the leather and smells really nice too.

Hi,

Everything explained here and videos to watch how it's done.

Don't put off by the name Furniture Clinic it's much more than that and its an easy DIY job if you take your time.

www.furnitureclinic.co.uk

Cheers,
Paul

autoglym leather cleaner and a magic eraser. removes dirt like you wouldnt believe, but don't foget to nourish the leather afterwards with a good leather conditioner.

I use the dr leather spray, agitate with a brush, then buff with microfibre afterwards.

A halfway house for convenience between the dodo juice two stage, and the dr leather wipes.

Don't forget the steering wheel and door pulls! (Although it's always my door cards that show marks).

Not tried heating or steaming myself.

I've just bought a 991 with platinum leather!

Luckily it's only done 13k so interior is like new, here's what I've done -

Thoroughly clean with Dr Leather wipes
Dry off with microfibre
Apply GTECHNIQ L1 LEATHER GUARD AB
Buff with microfibre

Job done, no transfer from jeans!

Re apply every month or so.

Friend of mine follows this routine on his car with light leather, still like new.

I use Gliptone leather cleaner, does a great job, leaves a nice matte finish and smells great too :thumb: The Gliptone conditioner is good too except, like most conditioners, the leather gets shiny on the seat pads from your butt polishing it!

Have used heat successfully to remove small dents from leather, have found using a halogen heater works well as you can control how hot the leather gets with distance. Won't work on deeper depressions or if the surface of the leather is damaged. The rear seat pads are especially susceptible to damage as the foam underneath is fairly hard and doesn't have a lot of give like the front seats!

gilford said:
I've just bought a 991 with platinum leather!

Luckily it's only done 13k so interior is like new, here's what I've done -

Thoroughly clean with Dr Leather wipes
Dry off with microfibre
Apply GTECHNIQ L1 LEATHER GUARD AB
Buff with microfibre

Job done, no transfer from jeans!

Re apply every month or so.

Friend of mine follows this routine on his car with light leather, still like new.

Snap: Platium leather and treatment - Just had pretty much exactly this approach done on my car by Auto Wax Works - the leather seats are now stain resistant, UV resistant, more durable and ant-bacterial for 12 months :thumb:

U.K. Supplier

I have been using this company for quite some time now http://lttleathercare.com/product-category/leather-care-kits/auto/
They are U.K. based and will happily talk you through any issues or concerns you may have with your interior care.
They do a variety of kits as well as individual items also.
What I like most is the lovely matt finish that I can easily achieve and maintain over a variety of cars with shade varying from very light tan to black.

Re: U.K. Supplier

peterzoom said:
I have been using this company for quite some time now http://lttleathercare.com/product-category/leather-care-kits/auto/
They are U.K. based and will happily talk you through any issues or concerns you may have with your interior care.
They do a variety of kits as well as individual items also.
What I like most is the lovely matt finish that I can easily achieve and maintain over a variety of cars with shade varying from very light tan to black.
:agree:

I have used Gliptone products on many cars, but they are too heavy for modern car leathers and leave a shiny / oily finish. Having switched to LTT and Colorlock products I have found that they are much better for cleaning and protecting IMHO, leaving a 'like new' clean, matt finish.

Pears hand soap (bar of) works well on all the leather seats I've had. Then Gliptone Leather Conditioner to get rid of the old man smell...

Pears-Transparent-Soap-125g-35808.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back