Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick check on a couple of photos?

heed

Trainee
Hi,

Looked at a C4S today. Car looked good. Needs a new exhaust, but seller let me know that beforehand so no big deal.

Nothing of any concern when I looked at the car, but there were a couple of tiny things I wanted to check.

Water was dripping out a joint in the exhaust. I assume it's just a knackered joint, and would be resolved when new boxes were put in?

d7gZUeb.jpg

Only other thing was that there was a bit of weird bubbling on both arches. Is this common, and what causes it?

HUIwsCU.jpg

Iy3JPjp.jpg

Water vapour out of that exhaust joint is normal.

The bubbling on the arches is the stone chip, the first pic looks like there's some rust on the bottom of the arch, above the sill..?

As above, the 'bubbling" on the lower section (the end of the sill) is a rubberised coating under the paint to protect from stone chips. Unfortunately the wings didn't receive this so the bubbling on the upper section (the edge of the wheel arch on the wing) is bubbling due to rust where the paint has been broken by stones chipping the paint. It's not bad though and can be easily rubbed down, protected and painted.

Great. Makes sense. Thanks, both.

Just a thought it may be worth checking your exhaust I have a
996.1 c2 year 2000 the joints had gone and assumed I needed a
New exhaust investigated new but was not happy with the sound
Current system is a factory fitted PSE with a epic sound so looked at repairs found a company that wielded in new flex is for £200 massive saving on a
New system plus in my view a much better sound 👍🏻

Attachments

• b0915068_4af6_4e00_9e96_9eb92f424759_125.jpeg
    b0915068_4af6_4e00_9e96_9eb92f424759_125.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,103
Just a thought it may be worth checking your exhaust I have a
996.1 c2 year 2000 the joints had gone

Interesting, thanks Mike. To be honest though the seams looked liked they were going so at some point I expect it would need new boxes regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back