Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Installing Bose sub and speaker- upgrade

swisstony

Trainee
Hi guys

I know many people have done this the other way around where they replace the factory Bose system but in our 05 955 it has a bog standard setup and not Bose. But managed to get one off ebay for a pretty good price and am now looking to install this as an upgrade.

This is the item we got showing the parts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273410706710?ul_noapp=true

Now the questions we have are :

1. Is this pretty much plug and play , as in replacing the relevant speakers , are they a pain to get to ?
2. Does this subwoofer fit under the spare wheel or do we lose the ability to have a spare wheel because it takes up all the space ( I can't tell by the picture)
3. As the car right now have no sub, are the connectors for this sub upgrade already there ?
The reason for asking this last question is looking at the spare wheel bay, as the car did not have it installed as an option or from factory, I can't see any cables sitting there so assume we may have to run some from the head unit .

Any tips or sites that might show the install procedure. All the ones I searched and found seem to talk about replacing the Bose system

many thanks
chris

Did you get an amp too? I would doubt the wiring/loom will be there for the Bose so you'll need that also. The amp is fibre optic so uses a fibre optic cable as part of the loom. The sub fills the spare wheel well - no spare wheel. I have Bose so I'll take a pic of my wheel well tomorrow for you to see. I think the door speakers are held on with rivets so you have to drill them out to remove then new rivets to install the new ones. But of a pain that.

Pic of the sub in my wheel well

Attachments

• 20190325_183257_773.jpg
    20190325_183257_773.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,548
And close up showing the connection to the sub. As you look at the sub in the boot it's to the top left corner.

Attachments

• 20190325_183304_999.jpg
    20190325_183304_999.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,546
This diagram might help. Pic of the amp too.

Attachments

• bose_616.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 47

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back