Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tonbridge OPC service

955matt

Trainee
Car is going into Tonbridge OPC for service on thursday, I'll let you know how I get on. Slightly nervous as I have never let anyone service any of my cars.

My car has a full OPC service history and as they are close and the same price if not cheaper than the indys I thought I would give them ago

Matt

You shouldn't have any issues with Tonbridge.

They did a minor on my C4 and the PPI and a minor on my Turbo and didn't report anything that my local Indy didn't agree with.

Now they charge the same as Indys I use them for anything that gets a stamp in the book but out of loyalty will still go to my Indy for the rest.

Look forward to hearing of your experience.

So car went in Thursday morning, had a call at lunch time to say they had had a power cut all day, and could they keep it for another day. No probs as I had another car to use.

Had a call Friday lunch time all done ,no nasty surprises no trying to up sell the bits I knew were wrong ( air con rads, tyres getting a little low and old and the ignition switch is slightly sticky )

Price was spot on so was there service , car all clean well worth the price for the stamp in the book ( £1 more than the Indy for the service and £26 cheaper on the brake fluid change )

Will use again for the next service, I will do the other bits myself.

Matt

My 997 Turbo was bought originally from Tonbridge and serviced by them for 8 years.

I had no hesitation in continuing that and have been very pleased with them over my 2 years of ownership.

She's in for a minor service in a couple of weeks time.

Only had my car since late October, brought privately but with the remains of an extended OPC warranty and coming up for its 60k service.

Contacted Tonbridge for a quote to find out what was needed. Service + brake fluid + PDK fluid and front diff fluid. They also quoted a drive belt but I found it elsewhere in the history two yeras ago so they knocked it off. Quoted £1k with the belt ~£900ish without. Less another 10% after I told them I had PCGB membership.

Booked it too late for a courtesy car, but they arranged a member of staff to pick it up, had it for the day and dropped it back off on his way home, perfect. Outside of what was booked they only found that a couple of heatshields on the exhaust were under optimal, but didn't need doing yet, and happily changed the rear light that had a little condensation in it under warranty.

Overall a great experience and not much more expensive than our Audi being serviced at a main dealer, who said Porsche are exoensive to maintain (hope thats not famous last words) :eek:

I've generally used Indy's for servicing but have used OPC Tonbridge for various jobs and have always been pleased with the service.
So much so that I have booked in for a major service and tandem pump change in March - get a courtesy car for 2 days as well!!

Their soirees are pretty good too aren't they Terry?

Tonbridge OPC

I bought my 991.1 from Tonbridge and just had the four year major service with them. Booked well in advance to get a courtesy car (Cayenne) and they did an excellent job. It took a couple of days, but that was no hassle as they kept me well informed. Needed a bit of extra work, that was agreed prior to it being undertaken and cost was just as expected - not too bad at all. Would recommend without hesitation, plus a full OPC stamp in the service book.

T8 said:
My 997 Turbo was bought originally from Tonbridge and serviced by them for 8 years.

I had no hesitation in continuing that and have been very pleased with them over my 2 years of ownership.

She's in for a minor service in a couple of weeks time.

Hopefully that is all - or you'll be driving a Mazda to Dinslaken :thumb:

Bit of a bump for Tonbridge ..

We had a car in for a parts warrenty .. they have to replace the part for it to be under warrenty .

I went along to collect the car and say hello to a few people we deal with on a daily basis ..

Very pleasent people , top notch site although not the easiest to find .. basically dont use a 10 year old sat nav to get you there .. plenty of country lanes around there .. and yup .. we ended up on a 2mile one fit only for landrovers !

Their " old mechanic " / top mechanic .. 32 years i think they said on Porsche .. knocks the hell out of my 15 years .. he did the job .. good to know there are still some of us older guys still fixing Porsche :D

All in all .. id add my voice to the recomendations for them .

Another +1 for Tonbridge always had good service.

I am the proverbial pain in the A when it comes to having work done on my car and hate being ripped off and paying for things that don't get done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back