Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2003 C2 is now ULEZ compliant - hooray!,

Littlered996

When the London Ultra Low Emmissions Zone was first announced, the tfl compliance checker told me my 2003 996 C2 would be non-compliant. From 2021, that would have meant a daily charge of £12.50 every time I drove it, since I live within the North/South Circular. Not quite enough to make me sell, but a real dis-incentive to the sort of regular use our cars love.
Anyway, checked again today and now compliant. I guess they have updated the search tool to take account of the fact that some pre-2005 (?) cars are Euro 4 compliant.
Good old Porsche - the benefits of over-engineering!
Worth re-checking if you have a borderline 996/986 model.

Interesting- just checked my cars-
2003 C4S ok
2004 3.0 petrol X5 ok
2014 Merc CLS 250 CDI. Chargeable.

Just checked mine and it is now compliant but wasn't previously. :thumb:

I'm driving it to Paris soon and had previously checked it was fine there and it was, so I was a little miffed it wasn't in London but it is now fine in both places not that it'll ever get taken into Central London though.

Interesting that it has been updated - thanks for flagging it. :thumb:

The Honda Civic in the household fleet which was the only thing affected is now also exempt (which was previously a subject of amusement given that the GT3 and 3 Series have always been fine but until now the small engined economical hatchback wasn't).

Just put our registrations in for a laugh. My 98 3.4 is not compliant which is probably no surprise. My 2015 diesel Volvo complies which I expected as it's euro 6.

The 2 surprises were that my wife's 10 year old petrol Skoda Sabia is compliant and my 1970 Alfa 105 is exempt!...... pretty sure those two would be the most polluting of the lot!

All of my pre-2004 cars fail, as does my 2010 Range Rover. That just leaves the cars with horrific fuel consumption. Luckily for me I hardly ever drive there.

MC

Ridiculous.
Porsche passes ULEZ, Road tax at the highest band
AUDI A6 fails but road tax is 1/3 of the 911.
Something isn't right
Make up your minds you (insert profanity here)

Same here, can drive in my 3.4 petrol boxster spyder but not in my £30 road tax Octavia vrs.

The 2002 9eXX is compliant. Happy dayz!

Hi Thanks for posting this up and the changes are interesting and now means that our 996T, X5 4.8iS, Focus ST are all ok - only the 964 isn't :puh:

What did surprise me a little is that the 2005 Harley isn't either :oops:

Good news and no need to change them - not that we were planning to anyway

:D

FZP said:
Ridiculous.
Something isn't right

Is the Audi a diesel?

Perhaps the idea is to reduce NOx etc, more than CO2 which is what the VED bands are based on.

But until they use electric buses (and ideally not ones driven by psychopaths) the whole thing is a waste of time anyway.

Robertb said:
FZP said:
Ridiculous.
Something isn't right

Is the Audi a diesel?

Perhaps the idea is to reduce NOx etc, more than CO2 which is what the VED bands are based on.

But until they use electric buses (and ideally not ones driven by psychopaths) the whole thing is a waste of time anyway.
Sorry yes it's a diesel. I'd love to crack heads on this, but it would only cost me.motr money I'm sure

I noticed the same thing with my Merc CDI... exhaust is astonishingly clean physically, yet chargeable under the scheme. Again, must be NOx levels.

The ULEZ is about air quality, not CO2 emissions which everyone seems to have forgotten about in the rush to demonise diesel (cheers VAG Group, you cheating lot!)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back