Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken Tiptronic button right hand side of wheel

Hovis

Monza
Hi

Just picked up my first 911 a 997.1 targa 4 and was taking it out far a spritied first drive.

As I was getting more confident was up and down the gears. After about 30 minutes the button rocket was less responsive and felt very loose.

Looked over to check it out and it cane straight off. Looks like the white plastic circles that retain the ticket above the buttons on the bar has broken.

Any thoughts on a repair? Is it a full button essembly? Or is there just a ticket I can clip on.

Tempted to find a thicker replament wheel in the future.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a good opportunity to replace the wheel. Not sure the exact ins and outs of replacing with a PDK wheel with paddles but that would seem like a logical progression!

What colour is your interior? I have a spare Sea Blue/Ocean Blue wheel with buttons if you need one, and don't upgrade to paddles.

Thanks both.

Max - Yep was looking to see if a PDK upgrade is possible but as you say not sure what's involved. Any one know?

Thanks Tom - but the interior is sand beige so blue will not work.

Think the 987 boxer also uses the same buttons.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back