Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Sport Classic - do I need therapy!

There is one that lives locally I've seen a few times... great looking (and sounding) car in the metal.

All 2wd manual with the wide body so unique in that.

There is some lot who build a replica based on a 997, I forget who.

ETA- https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=12759

There's also the SPASM and PCCBs. I like it. Shame there were not more.

That roof panel is something I tried to get for my car. However you can only buy one if you have a Sport Classic and even if you own one you have to produce evidence (photo) that the old one has been damaged in order to have Porsche sell you a new roof panel.

Good too know gents, thanks.

Rob - will definitely keep eyes peeled round home!

A friend of mine has one & I almost pulled the trigger on another after seeing his. One of my life's biggest regrets is not doing it when I had the opportunity!

Could have had one for 100k + chopping in the turbo... If only I'd known!

I can tell you that yes, they are all wide bodied RWD & drive like any other 997.2... Superb!

My mate's has probably been one of the few not garaged all it's life, having done most of the UK, Ireland and a Euro tour. I think it's currently sitting at around 17k miles, but sadly has now become a garage queen as the value has increased so much.

The photographs don't do them justice either. They truly are a beautiful car in the metal.
Also worth noting, that when released, if you specced a normal C2s to the same as a S.C. the cost would have been about the same, so not madness, that's for sure!

Robertb said:
There is one that lives locally I've seen a few times... great looking (and sounding) car in the metal.

All 2wd manual with the wide body so unique in that.

There is some lot who build a replica based on a 997, I forget who.

ETA- https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=12759

It's based on the 997 GTS...so it's not unique in being 2wd and manual with the wide body. Has the power kit as the GTS does. I agree they are fantastic cars, I think they look stunning and the interior is much nicer than anything else that you can get on a 997. I've had a good look round one at the PEC which wasn't in great condition to be honest. They are daft money the recent auction sale has moved asking prices up by £100k....that was one buyer and one lucky seller thought I think.

I know there are only 250 but if I had £500k to spend on a special Porsche it wouldn't be a SC. Mind people that do pay that probably have all the other candidates in the garage already.

Cheib said:
It's based on the 997 GTS...so it's not unique in being 2wd and manual with the wide body. Has the power kit as the GTS does.

Not quite true. The SC was unveiled in 2009, a year before the GTS. At that time it was unique in having 2wd and the wide body.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back