Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chris Harris Drives the amazing Porsche 919 Hybrid

911UK

Administrator
Staff member

What an amazing machine especially seeing how soon Chris was feeling his neck giving out.
I do feel it is almost too clever when you hear just how much of the driving is being done by the cars brain and not so much of the drivers. does that make me seem like a wingeing old grandad :?:
On the film itself I would prefer a little less super slo-mo and a bit more real time speed to match the soundtrack.
Great watch though, definitely enjoyed it :thumb:

To sum it up..........

IMG_5611_zpscra4dqt5.jpg

:grin:

Wingeing old grandad here....(-:

Interesting expression on the youngster in the pic, not sure how impressed he is, good pic though, I have taken some similar..many years back...(-:

I am impressed with the level of technology in the vid (thanks for posting), how could anyone fail to be..? Who would not like to have a go in the simulator and then a shot at the real thing...? Well in truth, I suspect my neck would give out looooong before Chris` did, so perhaps not me...sigh! I also think that there is just a chance that once all the excitement and pressure has depleated, Chris may not have thought it one of his best ever experiences in life..? Sure something to tell the grandkids about and anyone else who would listen....BUT..?

I suspect there is much relative to human sensory perceptions, where real life experience can be replicated to some degree by robotics and with a degree of imagination the experience can I imagine seem VERY real,,? Quite where the fulcrum might be placed when seeking to find your own personal point of balance might be may be down to many things ..?

Strap yourself into, onto, or around some sort of robotic marvel, switch it on, and on reaching orgasm, I wonder if it would match or better the similar kind of interaction with a real human being...? I`m NOT determining it could not, just trying to evaluate possibilities relative to whatever levels of enjoyment might be available to us in terms of motoring enjoyment..?

With or without a protective "rubber"..? Or in Porsche terms, perhaps Coupe vs cabriolet..? what about an intermediate, the Targa..? Or if you want a slightly more RAW experience, perhaps turn the clock back a bit if that is your fancy to something more BASE in terms of technology..? I suspect sensory perceptions and the choices we make relative to them in terms of motoring and much else can be important to us.. ENJOY what you have while you have it...Though finding a bit of free Tarmac to do so seems to have become a tad more difficult than it once was..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back