Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Borescope

...I reckon that the OPC could do your horoscope...they probably have a red top laying around :floor: they might struggle with a boroscope however...

& it is acknowledged that the crank shells will start to show significant wear from about 70k onwards...I appreciate that there will be cars running around with 150k miles but the engines will be very worn and certainly not in peak condition...

The owner of the car has only ever used an OPC and as such doesnt think Indys are any good .. thats not a problem .. i have to admit i wasnt that keen on Indys until i actually joined one and saw the quality of the mechanics .

After all im ex OPC and now at an Indy and so are my Collegues.

Truth be told Indys are far better at Customer relations than i think any OPC will ever be .. lots of reasons but ill not go into it here .

My point .. OPC can scope .. can have their say .. The OP needs to post the pictures here and we can say what we think .. that way the OP has a balenced view .

It really doesnt matter who actually takes the pictures .. it matters what is seen on said pictures .

I have literally just had a car in 997 and smokeing badly .. misefires on x1 bank , dark tail pipe on x1 bank .. i scoped it .. i saw a few marks but nothing that concerned me so changed out the AOS .. job done .

Bear in mind this car used 4 ltrs of oil in 60 miles !!

A dirty tail pipe one side .. misfires on the same bank doesnt always mean its bore score .. i learnt something on this one !

deMort said:
The owner of the car has only ever used an OPC and as such doesnt think Indys are any good .. thats not a problem .. i have to admit i wasnt that keen on Indys until i actually joined one and saw the quality of the mechanics .

After all im ex OPC and now at an Indy and so are my Collegues.

Truth be told Indys are far better at Customer relations than i think any OPC will ever be .. lots of reasons but ill not go into it here .

My point .. OPC can scope .. can have their say .. The OP needs to post the pictures here and we can say what we think .. that way the OP has a balenced view .

It really doesnt matter who actually takes the pictures .. it matters what is seen on said pictures .

I have literally just had a car in 997 and smokeing badly .. misefires on x1 bank , dark tail pipe on x1 bank .. i scoped it .. i saw a few marks but nothing that concerned me so changed out the AOS .. job done .

Bear in mind this car used 4 ltrs of oil in 60 miles !!

A dirty tail pipe one side .. misfires on the same bank doesnt always mean its bore score .. i learnt something on this one !

:thumbs:

Definitely post the pics on here! I would also be there when they do it so you can see the images yourself on the scope and whether they are using a decent piece of kit. The pics I had from my indie were rubbish and I never really believed it until scoped it myself!

Pic of a scored bore, not exactly conclusive!

Cylinder-1.jpg

Swampy said:
GMG said:
....plus after about 70ish k miles crank bearings etc will be worn with a rebuild not far away...

GMG... You make it sound as if the engine only has a shelf life of 70k

:grin:

You'll get used to him :floor:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Swampy said:
GMG said:
....plus after about 70ish k miles crank bearings etc will be worn with a rebuild not far away...

GMG... You make it sound as if the engine only has a shelf life of 70k

:grin:

You'll get used to him :floor:

:thumb:

Sounds good to me :hand: :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back