Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

987 Emergency Bonnet latch??

Pedropedro1901

Hi,
my 2005 987 battery is dead dead dead!! Have tried powering up, with jumps, from donor car but front bot won't pop. Previous owner attempted using the fusebox method successfully. I had to take red fuse out the side, rather than sliding directly out toward me. Not sure if there's anything in that or not.

Any tips to sort this and open front boot? Is emergency latch hard to get at? Any pics?
Thanks
Pete

Isn't there a latch on the drivers door hinge area?

The only obvious thing to offer is to plug a battery maintainer into the ciggy lighter to recharge the battery without having to get into the frunk. :dont know:

emergency release cable

Sorry for the late post.
There is an emergency release frunk cable but it is a pain in the a**e
to get access to it.
It requires getting the front wheel out of the way and removing the
the wheel arch liner. I had to do it when my electrical distribution
box failed. To avoid having to go though it again, I routed the cable
though the front fog light grill. Hope this might help anyone with
same problem.

I ad a similar problem and used the pull out in the footwell but it wouldn't pop the lid.

The AA guy was successful with a heavy duty battery pack ...... he said I should have left the donor car attached for longer and of course with the motor running, in fact to sit in the donor car with the engine slightly revving for five to ten minutes and then try and pop the latch ....... it's worth another try before you start to go in the hard way ....... good luck.

It's been six months since OP posted. Hopefully he has opened it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back