Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Another view:

img_7454.JPG

Oh lordy!

The Kertcher wheels only list in black though .. perhaps this is a discontinued line of wheels :dont know:

The design ones do seem slimer but it seems that only the fronts are shown .... need to see a picture of the rears really .... spacers perhaps ?

Im guessing the Kertcher ones could be repainted but that dull silver would be a problem to achieve .

deMort said:
Im guessing the Kertcher ones could be repainted but that dull silver would be a problem to achieve .

I'm sure the aircooled boys will know the correct paint code for the petals.

That silver look on the old air cooled stuff is actually anodising.
Very expensive to do properly.

I don't know what are on the ones above but I'd guess it's just silver powdercoat, then masked for the black to be done in the recesses. :dont know:

Im 99% sure they are the ones I had but they have been masked and had the petals sprayed. I was close to doing this.

Fitment was perfect IMO, no spacers required. They are well make, weight wise no more than standard wheels. Tempted to get another set seeing as Im not going aero kit look now.
The outer rim is satin lacquer on them and not painted silver. Note the wheels caps need genuine fuchs caps sizes as well, 70mm IIRC.

See this page where I made some satin silver petals from vinyl just to have a try and see what it would look like.
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124107&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140

I fitted genuine Fuch metal caps to mine and they finish it off perfectly :thumbs:

Dammit said:
Cheaper to buy Fuchs I think - once you've factored in the painting aspect the Fuchs probably work out cheaper/the same.

Fuchs are £2.5K or so.

You can pick Kersher's up for £1,500. No way it costs more than a couple of hundred to get the petals painted.

Only the genuine article will do for you Neil, we all know that. :grin:

Got to be Fuchs then if the difference is only a grand. I thought they'd be 3 or 4 times the price of the replica brands.

I've got a quote from JZM for the Fuchs for under 2k.

Also, I believe the correct finish is matt alloy for the petals, so you'd need to strip/blast/mask/paint/clearcoat the Kercher FX to get the correct RSR finish - which I reckon would be spendy.

That was for 17" wheels, so might be more for 18's. To be fair I really need to wait and test both 9" and 10" rears with the new engine, then make a decision on what new wheels to get.

Just to add another alternative (with a deeper dish look). My 18" Group 4 Fuchs reps were £1,250 delivered.

alex yates said:
Oh lordy!

Agreed.

They do look lovely and i like the Porsche decal down the side, too...

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back