Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pads

greenson

Monza
Advice sought on brake pads for road use but I want more bite when brakes are cold as the std Porsche pads are pretty poor in this respect and don't seem to be showing signs of wearing at all after 25,000 miles easy life.

I found this too, I put new front discs and EBC ultimax2 pads on and was much improved. They are just road pads

Most upgrade track pads have no better or worse cold bite, I never hammer the brakes or track so no need for that sort of pad

I fitted Pagid rs29s. The difference was astounding.
Work from cold etc.

They are track compatible and do tend to squeal some times and are very expensive, but believe me I lived with that :thumb:

I've heard plenty of people say rs29s are very good, but mostly from point of view of tracking the cars rather than daily drive sort of use. Circa £250 for a set of front pads is like you say expensive, do you really think cold bite is improved over OEM pads? Not sure if it's a fair comparison or not for the OP if you're coming from the bigger turbo anchors or is it the 993?

IME there are better road pads than RS29 RE good bite from cold. They are great on track and for spirited driving though.

Try Pagid RS-5 (or equivalent) which has better cold bite and fine on track.

Ferodo DS2500 are good but not tried them on a Porsche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back