Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 4GTS Owner

Thanks all for the kind comments, it really is superb car to drive. Have enjoyed all the miles so far. :D

Apologies for the mistake in my initial post had forgotten its a radiator coming from an M4 with turbo's :frustrated:

With regards to the grills thank you for the heads up, I've ordered a set of Zunsport with PCGB discount code :thumb:

Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... :cheers:

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

Magic919 said:
Zunsport just look ugly, which is a shame.

It took me a while to decide to fit them to my GTS as I didn't think they looked ugly but felt they detracted from the look of the grilles. However now they are fitted they look fine to me and you can still just see the grille profile hiding behind.

John H said:

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?
John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought :thumb:

It's a personal things, but I prefer the grillle to sit back a little deeper, behind the intake frames, if you take the bumper off, it's a really easy job to make your own with some aluminium mesh!

FZP said:
John H said:

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought :thumb:

I'd no idea there was a monthly meeting in Wilmslow?
Please give me the details - I'd be really keen to join in - thanks...

John H said:
FZP said:
John H said:

John

Here you go
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=132172
We've been meeting here since Feb last year. Hopefully see you on the 23rd.
Normally we meet on the first Sat of every month, but with the RS Day at Oulton Park, we pushed it back.

FZP said:
John H said:
FZP said:
John H said:

John

Here you go
Normally we meet on the first Sat of every month, but with the RS Day at Oulton Park, we pushed it back.

Many thanks - I'll do my best to get there... :thumb:
I will be having a late night on the Friday, so not sure I'll be able to make it for 10.30am - how long will you be staying there for?

John H said:

Hi John, thanks :thumb:

A heads up on where I could get the sharkwerks fitted? I've searched around and not found many places regarding price and installation?

I'm actually based in London, so if you are ever down this way do let me know, I made the nice long journey up to Chester as they had the car in the right spec and a decent price after a few months of searching around.

FZP said:
John H said:

John

Thanks for the invite FZP, unfortunately can't make the 23rd due to business. However potentially the next one once you guys have a date. I'll keep an eye out. :thumb:

John H said:
FZP said:
John H said:
FZP said:
John H said:

John

Here you go

Many thanks - I'll do my best to get there... :thumb:
I will be having a late night on the Friday, so not sure I'll be able to make it for 10.30am - how long will you be staying there for?
Hi John
We normally lurk around until 1iah, but a few of us are going to be having a lunch as well so it will be a bit longer. As the weather improves we seem to loiter longer and longer. :grin: Maldren is coming up from down south to join us for this one, so another new face would be most welcome

AMS911 said:
FZP said:
John H said:

John

Thanks for the invite FZP, unfortunately can't make the 23rd due to business. However potentially the next one once you guys have a date. I'll keep an eye out. :thumb:
Its a long way to come. If you have a look in the meets section, you'll see other meets down south. Is like to try and get to s southern meet which coincides with a visit to London myself, so hopefully see you at one of those.

Frank , I do think a few of you Oooop Norf geezers should plan to do Simply Porsche and come have a ruby the night before in Bournemouth then the convoy to the showand make a weekend of it . :thumb: :thumb:

That is a grand idea Phil, I'll raise it as an action item on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back