Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know what this number is??

Lig

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

Anyone know what this number refers to (147-0201 USM) and what documentation it can be found on (as well as the VIN label)??

Thanks,
Lig.

Attachments

• 993_example_408.jpg
    993_example_408.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 2,155
I'm guessing, but as process of elimination rules out early everything else, that it is the production line identifier for a specific car.

On the production line all the individual component parts, common and unique/bespoke are delivered to the moving shell. There has to be something to make sure the right bits go to the right car.

I've checked the records of the Porsches I have owned and that number doesn't appear anywhere other than on that sticker.

Hi and thanks T8....

So my label has worn and I cant make out that code.

I am going to have another label made and have all the other data, so do you think there is no way of finding out that 'code'??

Out of interest, do you have a copy of the original invoice for your current Porsche as the code could be on there?? (I dont have mine)!!

Thanks,
Lig.

Lig said:
I am going to have another label made and have all the other data, so do you think there is no way of finding out that 'code'??

Out of interest, do you have a copy of the original invoice for your current Porsche as the code could be on there?? (I dont have mine)!!

The factory might be able to link your VIN/WPO..... number to it but I don't how you'd find out for sure. Porsche GB might know who to contact. :dont know:

I have never seen an original purchase invoice for a new car so I don't know whether it would be on that. I suspect it wouldn't be.

As a buyer, I would prefer to see the original [slightly bashed] sticker in situ. I wouldn't expect to see a twenty five year old piece of paper in immaculate condition and may smell a rat if it had been replaced - just a thought.

Thanks all,

I have found out that this is the production number of the car and the second part is the dealer code.

911smark - This is only found on the car label only, the book label doesn't have this code (or I have never seen it on the book label).

Scholester - You can hardly read anything on my label. But yes, I see your point...

Cheers all,
Lig.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back