Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension refresh - advice please

greenson

Monza
I'm looking to refresh the stad shocks on my 2003 C4s tip and am a tadge confused on what to fit ?
My car is on original suspension , not sure how to identify what it is , does it have a M030 kit as std or something comparable , not sure how to identify what's on from new?
I've replaced all coffin arms , top mounts and other bits but now what to complete the suspension with some new shocks , can anyone offer any advice. Bearing in mind it's a weekend hobby car with a couple of track days a year and I don't want to spend a fortune on Ohlins etc .
It has been suggested that Bilstein B4 or B6 might do the trick ? Should have include ARB and Spring replacement in my refresh
Thanks

M030 suspension is, guess what, option code 30, do you still have the option codes list either under the bonnet or in the service book? That will give you a start.

There are lots of suspension options. The M030 kit is good value if you can find anyone stocking it. Beyond that, there are plenty of damper and sprng options to suit your taste and pocket.

I would start by searching on this site.

Centre Gravity are the acknowledged experts in the field if you're not a DIY man but there are several other good Indys who can do very well too.

Hi Greenson.

From my experience the Ohlins DFV kits seem very good value for money, around £2.4k from memory for a C4, which isn't much difference in cost than porsche OE parts. The ride feels good and not to stiff IMO, also with the adjustsble damping options it works well for the odd track day.
We currently have a 996 C2 3.7 (overside engined) demo car which has the Ohlins fitted. Feel free to give us a call on 01204 302809 option 2 for any advice.

Rob.

If you are just replacing shocks, the koni special active shocks are worth considering and will be fine mated to your m030 springs, I've fitted them and been impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back