Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 (non RS) or a Turbo S.....as a daily driver = Turbo ?

I would say a turbo is easier to live with as a daily driver. Better ground clearance and more power lower in the rev range.

Windy101 said:
I would say a turbo is easier to live with as a daily driver. Better ground clearance and more power lower in the rev range.

:yeah: and depreciation will be far less of an issue.

Having owned both in the past, admittedly the Turbo was non S, I can say that the Turbo is a far better proposition for daily use. That's not to say that you can't, shouldn't or wouldn't use a GT3 as a daily just that in answer to your question it would be, for me, the Turbo.

pzero said:
Having owned both in the past, admittedly the Turbo was non S, I can say that the Turbo is a far better proposition for daily use. That's not to say that you can't, shouldn't or wouldn't use a GT3 as a daily just that in answer to your question it would be, for me, the Turbo.

:yeah:

yep that is what I thought Turbo....now better start saving up for a 992 Ts :eek:

MLB9911 said:
yep that is what I thought Turbo....now better start saving up for a 992 Ts :eek:

Sorry to be an anorak but....Interesting you mentioned 992. If it's a 992 or a 991.2 the base Carreras are turbos anyway. As daily's they would be fine....not sure it helps but the range of choices got a bit smaller after 991.1

Drive a few is the only answer. T8s point re depreciation stands though. The 'full fat turbo" model will hold its money better than the Carrera turbos..

Note. We really need a better way of differentiating the flavours of 991.2/992 cars now they are all turbos. GT excepted. :dont know:

G2 said:
MLB9911 said:

Sorry to be an anorak but....Interesting you mentioned 992. If it's a 992 or a 991.2 the base Carreras are turbos anyway. As daily's they would be fine....not sure it helps but the range of choices got a bit smaller after 991.1

Drive a few is the only answer. T8s point re depreciation stands though. The 'full fat turbo" model will hold its money better than the Carrera turbos..

Note. We really need a better way of differentiating the flavours of 991.2/992 cars now they are all turbos. GT excepted. :dont know:

There are 991/992 Carreras (with Turbos)

And there is 'THE Turbo.....................'and THE 'Turbo S'

Differentiation made....

:thumb: :grin:

991.1 Turbo entry is high £70k. There is a lovely red one with 28k miles for £85k. That is a phenomenal amount of car for the money.
Now when you look at the 991 GT3 entry level prices for at around £100k, it makes for an interesting argument.
GT3 has more theatre about it externally, the Turbo is faster in the real world.....I could make a case for both. Look forward to your decision

911TEL said:
G2 said:
MLB9911 said:

Differentiation made....

That works :thumb:

G2 said:
911TEL said:
G2 said:
MLB9911 said:

Differentiation made....

That works :thumb:

👍👍😎😎

I use a 991.2 Carrera as daily driver... it is blooming quick, 0-lost licence in 3 seconds, and can drive at nearly 3 times the legal motorway speed limit. I don't have faith in tyre rubber to exceed 150mph on autobahn or track.

I bought the 991.2 as soon as they turbocharged them. I honestly don't think on public road you would get any difference in performance in real world with anything over and above the base Carrera. I've bought a 992 Carrera S, which has extra 50bhp, but purely as its the least powerful car you can buy at present, if the base 992 Carrera was on sale now, i'd buy that.

The rest off the range is purely personal preference and top-trumps, depending on what, where and how you wish to drive. Sunday driver or track monster. The depreciation on the Carrera has performed very well indeed doing a load of miles. I personally found that buying new was the better value for money for 3 yrs, 60k miles rather than a second hand 1yr old car.

Enjoy, am sure all are awesome daily drivers...

G2 said:
Note. We really need a better way of differentiating the flavours of 991.2/992 cars now they are all turbos.

I've got a 997 turbo

That's what it says on the engine cover. :wink:

Totally agree with this, the proceeds of stamping on the loud pedal of 'THE' turbo would be beyond most of our capabilities let alone need, forget the cliche about buying 'base' models, these are generally the most rounded ones

6appeal said:
I use a 991.2 Carrera as daily driver... it is blooming quick, 0-lost licence in 3 seconds, and can drive at nearly 3 times the legal motorway speed limit. I don't have faith in tyre rubber to exceed 150mph on autobahn or track.

I bought the 991.2 as soon as they turbocharged them. I honestly don't think on public road you would get any difference in performance in real world with anything over and above the base Carrera. I've bought a 992 Carrera S, which has extra 50bhp, but purely as its the least powerful car you can buy at present, if the base 992 Carrera was on sale now, i'd buy that.

The rest off the range is purely personal preference and top-trumps, depending on what, where and how you wish to drive. Sunday driver or track monster. The depreciation on the Carrera has performed very well indeed doing a load of miles. I personally found that buying new was the better value for money for 3 yrs, 60k miles rather than a second hand 1yr old car.

Enjoy, am sure all are awesome daily drivers...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back