Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WO53 GUC anyone know this 996 GT3?

Marky911 said:
Did the car mentioned in the first post go to auction today then?

Any takers?

I'm watching most of the GT3s on the market at the minute and it's very stagnant.
Not talking it down at all, I have my budget and I'll buy the car I deem best value.

I'm just going to watch for a month or two and see what cars shift and what ones don't. None are moving at the moment and thanks to Y2K above having searched and bought his GR996.2 last year he has all the info on what cars have been up for how long etc. It's actually quite eye opening as a buyer to see how long some of them have been up for. 18 months to 2 years isn't uncommon.

987 Spyder is still a close second choice for me as it's £15k less outlay and a good sense of occasion with them.
I guess it is not uncommon for some of these sellers to put these type of cars 'for sale' as soon as they get them, at a profit of course, sort of if it sells it sells, if it doesn't then I will drive it a little longer?? and that is why some are around for a while, and of course, like the ebay one some have a dubious past :eek:
Ragpicker has had his for sale on here since November, nothing at all wrong with the car, indeed quite the opposite but you need the right car for you, at the correct price for you, to strike the deal, so yeah I completely agree with you on watching and waiting, good luck :thumb:

Totally agree when talking about private sellers. As you say if someone's happy with their car but just fancies a change then they can just leave it listed and see what happens.

It's the dealers I'm surprised at as they're living is made from shifting stuff.
A lot of it is SOR though so as mentioned on other threads there's no massive risk or incentive to the dealer.

Black one at Autostore has been in since last year. Parr have had that mk1 for 18 months+, etc etc.

Most dealers who actually own their stock are eager to try and strike a fair deal. RPM were.

When I'm speaking to dealers I'm letting them know that I can do any items they were going to do as prep, I'm not bothered about it being detailed for £500, etc. All I want if buying from a dealer is 3 months warranty so I can prove the engine and box are sound. I'm not bothered if a window switch or something minor like that goes as it wouldn't be worth trailing back down south for it anyway.

As I say the dealers I've spoken to are very accommodating with regards to a common sense deal.

The black car at Autostore is SOR. The silver RPM car is theirs obviously.

Marky911 said:
Parr have had that mk1 for 18 months+, etc etc.

That one was for sale at Parr since around Sept 2016 as I remember emailing them about it before I bought my 1M. It was an old advert and they didn't respond so I assumed they had sold it but obviously didn't. I keep an eye on the market but not fully committed since I always end up finding something else but lots of stuff has been sticking around for ages.

Marky911 said:
When I'm speaking to dealers I'm letting them know that I can do any items they were going to do as prep, I'm not bothered about it being detailed for £500, etc. All I want if buying from a dealer is 3 months warranty so I can prove the engine and box are sound. I'm not bothered if a window switch or something minor like that goes as it wouldn't be worth trailing back down south for it anyway.

As I say the dealers I've spoken to are very accommodating with regards to a common sense deal.

Reminds me of 911V and when they used to offer a millennium bug price as well as pucker retail price. :D

Hi Pindi. Wow 2016!
I knew it was at least 18 months but wow, that's a long time.

Hey Vroom. Yes the old millennium bug price. :grin:

That's weird you mention that. I was just thinking about it the other day whilst browsing their site and wondering if they'd still do it just for me. :D

They've got some nice stuff in at the moment. GT3 and 987 Spyder.
Ironically I sold my mates Spyder to Tom at 911v a few years ago. Great to deal with, so I'd be keen to buy from him.

Has no one bought the subject of this thread yet then?
Comfort seats rule it out for me.

PindiXpress said:
Marky911 said:
Parr have had that mk1 for 18 months+, etc etc.

That one was for sale at Parr since around Sept 2016 as I remember emailing them about it before I bought my 1M. It was an old advert and they didn't respond so I assumed they had sold it but obviously didn't. I keep an eye on the market but not fully committed since I always end up finding something else but lots of stuff has been sticking around for ages.

I rang them after it had been on the market for a good few months. It was priced ridiculously high, and I told them as much.
They weren't even prepared to discuss negotiating the asking price. I seem to remember them saying the owner would happily sit on it rather than sell it cheaper ...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back