Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 phone holder question

iceboy

Hi All,

Following on from my other thread and me using the 996 as my daily driver now.....where do you guys put your phone holder?

I have a cubby free in the centre but it is just empty but would be an idea place for the phone to be held in place.

Failing a solution to that do you just attach something to the windscreen?

IceBoy

PS. any photos would be helpful.

I have Brodit powered holder thats screwed in to place on the side of the centre consul

Best place for it and it keeps your device powered too :thumb:

Osh

When I installed a holder for my iPod 5 years ago I just got a flat sheet of steel (robbed from the back of an old washing machine), cut out an L-shape then bent the bottom of the L at 90 degrees. Sprayed it black and stuck it with double-sided sticky tape to the top of the centre console, then svrewed a generic phone/iPod cradle to the front of it. Lasted until I updated my head unit and didn't need it.

Write-up here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=94779

dsc09091_954.jpg

dsc09087_132.jpg

dsc09090_138.jpg

Thank you for info and inspiration.
Iceboy

There was a forum member who posted a picture of the phone on one of those magnetic mounts with a ball arm set in the cubby hole under the CD holders which worked really well.

asterix_the_gaul said:
There was a forum member who posted a picture of the phone on one of those magnetic mounts with a ball arm set in the cubby hole under the CD holders which worked really well.

thats what i have
and it works well for me :thumb:
on my work pc at the mo which doesn't let me post pics but can post one later if interested? or have pics of it on my project thread

I tried a magnetic holder and it was an excellent method of measuring cornering force - moderate corner, phone now diagonal, tight corner, phone horizontal, enthusiastic corner, phone in footwell.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back