Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

For the work I am doing on the instruments, I am reading the voltage from the coolant and oil temperature sensors, converting the voltage in mV using a third order polynomial to give me a temperature with a resolution of 0.1 degrees C, then using another 3rd order polynomial to convert from the required temperature to the required voltage to drive the display. This is then output using a 10 bit PWM output.

Inputs and output are working, so time to put in some equations.

I am converting the readings to a real temperature for output on RS232 and CAN, just in case I ever want to log them.

MC

coullstar said:
Whats the rear wheel spec?

Specs are:

Rear 19 x 11 ET52
Front 19 x 8.5 ET45 

MC

The wheels will obviously tuck in when the weight goes back on. It'll be tight but should look first class :thumb:

I am hoping that I can gain a tiny bit more if needed with the adjustable suspension arms. It should be on its wheels tomorrow so I'll see how the GT3 wheels tuck in.

MC

Dammit said:
I'm currently looking for a supplier of paisley alcantara, inspired by MC's sterling work.

'paisley alcantara' now that is an idea. Lovin' it! :thumb:

The last of the replacement clips have been fitted.

With the driveshafts being fitted but not attached to the gearbox they need to be stopped from flapping around, so I taped a plastic bag around them and fitted them inside a cardboard tube and parts of a box to support them.

I did consider removing them but thought that not having the bearings supported properly would not be a good idea, this was confirmed by somebody I asked who knows a lot more than me.

The car is resting on its wheels for the first time in about 9 months.

MC

Coolant temperature input and output voltages:

Along with RS232 data:

Repeat for oil temperature:

Next on this is to make the display switch between them on a short button press.

MC

Back on its wheels, off to the bodyshop on Monday. I'll be pushing it there...

MC

Front cage has arrived

Car has gone to the paint shop now. Time to tidy up and get the engine sorted.

MC

Characterising the fuel gauge behaviour for data logging. This one is from a Boxster, so I will repeat for the C4, it gives me a baseline for my testing.

As expected there is a massive amount of damping on this.

MC

Martin, I hope you remember where everything goes :eek:

Attachments

• images_111.jpg
    images_111.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3,490
It would be really useful if you have time to do something similar with the temperature gauge. A lot of people say you can't trust it, it's got a massive dead zone etc. But mine seems to be pretty good, it's always moving and seems to follow the climate control hack numbers well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back