Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 PDK Sport Plus with Crono

Hamster75

Have just got my new car today 991.1 PDK with sports plus & paddles & wondered how does sport plus work, is it suitable for street use as it seems to change up down very abruptly, compared with the other modes, having just come from a manual it seems like it wants to rev the nuts off it before it changes.

Is this ok, purely a manual paddle race mode or can I just open it up & wait for it to change up, as from low speeds I daren't wait until it changes up its revving so high that I have hit the paddles to change up :?:

At the moment I don't think I'm driving it right, can anybody explain how they the 3 modes are supposed to work. :?:
Thanks

Sport and sport plus can work in either manual or auto.

Sport mode raises the threshold for revs a bit higher than normal (in auto) makes the throttle a little more responsive and shifts a little faster.

Sport plus keeps the revs at roughly 4k-7k in auto (always in the powerband) makes the gearshifts the fastest and hardest they can be. The throttle mapping is set to its most aggressive.

Most people don't use sport plus in auto unless on track as you noticed it keeps the revs very high which is ok just not suited to everyday driving. Perfectly fine if you giving it the beans!

Personally I like sport plus in manual so you get the crisp hard shifts and eager throttle but can drive it in a more sedate rev range.

Sport plus also lets you enable launch control.

Edit. Just in case it wasn't clear in my last post unless in manual the car will change gear on its own but the shift point will change higher up the rev range depending on sport or sport plus. You can still use the paddles in auto but after a few seconds the car will resume auto shifting.

In manual you have to use the paddles the car will not shift itself in any mode.

Perfectly normal. Sports plus is there to make it sound like a 17 year old driving a manual for the first time :floor:

I think it was covered on here before but it might have been in 997 section.

Sports Plus ain't really useable about town as it's a bit all or nothing for slower speeds. It does come into its own when pushing on or at a track. :thumb:

I think the consensus for daily/town use was to put it in sports then pasm button to Normal which loosen the suspension a bit, then auto stop off then noisy exhaust on. For weekends same procedure but in sports plus and get out of town :thumb:
suspension in sport is only really for good road surfaces or track. But a DSC module improves this apparently.

Enjoy the new ride :thumbs:

Takes some getting used to..... Remember it's not going to over Rev in auto, even though it sounds like it! :grin:

I think Harry put it perfectly that last year was a fleet of rather nice 997's and this year everyone's on the move to 991's, or in his case, a GT4. Congrats on the new car, but :useless:

It's more accurate to say PDK cars will only show overrevs in range 1 and 2.

Thanks guys for the info, I laughed at some of the replies bet you think I a plonker but I was cringing at the revs, think im getting a bit old, but love the sound though. :floor:

There you go Frank,

Attachments

• img_1549_164.jpg
    img_1549_164.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,914
That's lovely G. Well played :thumb:

That's a fantastic colour Graham - looking forward to you bringing it to the Buls Head.

Frank - I think it's your turn next :lol:

So far off the top of my head, from our meets we have had:

Spongebob - 997 to 991 in light yellow
Mark - 986 - 981 GTS
Me - 997 to 986 to 981 in racing yellow to GT4
Graham -997 to 991
Stuart - 997 - Ftype
Chimp - gallardo to Performante
Alex - 996 to still not decided
Frank - 997 to ?

kan300 said:
That's a fantastic colour Graham - looking forward to you bringing it to the Buls Head.

Spongebob - 997 to 991 in light yellow
Mark - 986 - 981 GTS
Me - 997 to 986 to 981 in racing yellow to GT4
Graham -997 to 991
Stuart - 997 - Ftype
Frank - 997 to ?

:hand: jonttt BMW box :grin:

That's a good question, one I ask myself on a daily basis. It's starts at the first 981 Boxster to go under £20k after Zingari's observations late last year, the scope creep starts, before you know it I'm at £150k, completely justified. Then it goes back to the 981 and it starts all again :grin:

kan300 said:

Spongebob - 997 to 991 in racing yellow
Mark - 986 - 981 GTS
Me - 997 to 986 to 981 in fake yellow to silver GT4 (should of gone for green)
Graham -997 to 991
Stuart - 997 - Ftype
Frank - 997 to ?

Harrie corrected for you :grin:

Ps. Guards red 991 :worship: :worship:

I was told its proper colour is dog willy red :oops:

Hamster75 said:
I was told its proper colour is dog willy red :oops:

Dog willy or guards it's a nice change in a sea of blue, grey and black :thumb:

Great choice in the best colour (though I am biased)

Sport is my default mode, with the exhaust off most of the time so not to draw too much attention!

Give it a few decent runs out and you'll know the best settings for you.

Here's one of mine after it had been detailed.

Attachments

• 8bf7efca_e8bc_4fef_9cfb_d3dedaf336a6_238.jpeg
    8bf7efca_e8bc_4fef_9cfb_d3dedaf336a6_238.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 3,770

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back