Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne 955 Rear Parking Sensors

67Mustang

I have an '06 Cayenne S that has developed a fault with the rear parking sensors. My local indy garage reckons the wiring/ connector has corroded on the sensor closest to the driver's side exhaust, which I know is a common problem (living in Scotland throws up a lot of dirt and salt from the roads!). I'll try giving the sensors a really good clean at the weekend, but they look difficult to access without removing the rear bumper.

The cost of the replacement OEM sensors is typically ridiculous, so I just wanted to check if anyone has used aftermarket sensors successfully. I've seen Valeo and Vemo sensors mentioned on other forums and I believe that they are the same as the sensors for Touaregs and some Audis, but it would be helpful to know if other owners have had success with a specific product/ brand.

67Mustang said:
I have an '06 Cayenne S that has developed a fault with the rear parking sensors. My local indy garage reckons the wiring/ connector has corroded on the sensor closest to the driver's side exhaust, which I know is a common problem (living in Scotland throws up a lot of dirt and salt from the roads!). I'll try giving the sensors a really good clean at the weekend, but they look difficult to access without removing the rear bumper.

The cost of the replacement OEM sensors is typically ridiculous, so I just wanted to check if anyone has used aftermarket sensors successfully. I've seen Valeo and Vemo sensors mentioned on other forums and I believe that they are the same as the sensors for Touaregs and some Audis, but it would be helpful to know if other owners have had success with a specific product/ brand.

Have a look in either mine or SwissTony's thread in the Cayenne section. There's links there to the VAG part which is only about £8-9 a sensor.

Once you know where the two outermost ones are you can actually get to them with the bumper on (beware of massive amounts of falling debris), but its only a 10 minute job to remove the rear bumper so its not the end of the world.

:thumb:

I would have to say 15 mins to remove the bumper .. mind you thats cause i need a fag break :floor:

The wireing connection n/s/r .. the main plug basically .. that can give issues .. water etc so worth pulling appart to check the wiring pins .

A single sensor will show up as a fault code .

Wiring to such sensor as the garage has said will be obvious once its unplugged .

O/s/r and its pretty much bumper off to get at it .. you might get underneath and unplug it but no access to do anything if it needs rewiring .

Water and wiring dont mix .. corrosion cause most of the issues with electrics .

Yes indeed, have a look at my post about the rear parking sensors and where to grab some if you need them replacing.

The rear bumper off is the best option and only takes about 15-20 mins. Like DeMort I too need a few fag breaks whilst doing it so you can cut that time down :)

Once off , like we did, it gives you a good chance to clean all the crap out and look at the wiring as a whole. I actually removed all ours and then laid the loom out to check for splits. Found a nice break in the wiring which I fixed. then found 3 out of the 6 sensors were faulty. You can check this by hooking the plug back up and then listening for the clicking sounds as you move your hand near the sensor.

HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back