Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What engine layouts have you owned?

4x 4 cyl
4x flat 6
10x straight 6
1x V6
6x V8 inc 2 flat plane crank, 2 supercharged
1x V6 Tdi
1x 4Tdi

It has to be said, noise aside (and actually the V6 sounded good) the diesels do go astonishingly well in day to day driving with great economy.

My 'itch' is a V10, ideally contained in a Lamborghini Huracan :D

:?:

Single cylinder x 4
Twin x 2
1 x V Twin
3 x L Twins
1 x Transvers 4
Inline 4 x too many to count (2 x turbo 1 x supercharged)
Straight 6
Flat 6

Bikes included!

Much more to an engine than how many cylinders it has, Ducati desmodronic V twins (L twins really) being a case in point, very special feeling and sound!

Any ex Wankelers?

Three cyl Saab 2 stroke,

Vertical straight 4 & 6,

Angled straight 4's (924, 924 turbo, 924 Carerra GT, 924 S, 944, 944 turbo, 968,

Flat horizintal apposed 356C 4 cyl & various 911's, Boxster and Cayman S 6 cyl,

Straight 6,

V8,

If were including bikes, flat horizontally apposed twin, parallel twins, in line twins, in line three cylinders, in line 4 cylinders, vee twin.

Baz

Interesting thread , I'm always looking back at the cars I've had , it's quite a list now , maybe the mrs is right , I have got a problem !
10 x straight 4
2 x straight. 6
1 x flat 4
2 x v8
1 x straight 5
One of the straight 6 's was a diesel

Far too many inline 4's
1 x V4
3 x V6
5 x flat 6
4 x V8
3 x V10

Just the V12 box to tick....

NA I4's mostly. Though the S2000 V-TEC, Toyota 4A-GE, Renault 16v & Alfa TS we're stand outs. Especially the V-TEC :cloud9:
The turbocharged Cosworth I4 was interesting technically but not that inspiring as a lump.
Not that powerful but I loved the sound and torque of my VW V5.
I've had F6's now, one NA and three turbocharged. All sublime.

As MC says though, each engine is very different. The A-series I4 is a world away from the V-TEC :?:

Have an itch for a Wankel though. Or another S-2000...... :chin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back