Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My New GT Silver C4S - !! Collection Day !!

sideways said:
Robertb said:
The return of Marty Wild said:
Car looks ace, lose the black leather shoes with jeans though! :thumb:

Not sure about the salesman's brown shoes with a suit :eek:
Hipster's everywhere nowadays.
Fashionistas, sporting sock and sandals at some point I'm sure :grin:
Edit: OP, great choice. GT SILVER is the champions choice. :thumb:

Excellent choice !

Very pleased for you. Both you and I were clearly looking for similar cars as I was in discussion with Swindon on the very same car, but was away on hols so could not view it or pull the trigger. I agree they were very good with communication etc and it had a great spec.

Its a lovely car!

I'm very pleased its been bought by another enthusaist and someone on the forum!

Go drive it and enjoy
Jungle

:thumbs:

Congrats. Looks lovely. I also have got silver and carrera classics.
I don't have your hips though...
:sad:
Enjoy!!

gilford said:
Stunning!

Sure I requested a video of this a few weeks ago.

Enjoy!

Thanks! The dealer said it had received a fair amount of interest but having missed a car only a few weeks before I pounced as fast as I could (which isn't very).

I read about the issue with the PDK on your first car - glad you got sorted and love the look of the Turbo alloys on your Agate car :thumb:

Re: Excellent choice !

Jungle650 said:
Very pleased for you. Both you and I were clearly looking for similar cars as I was in discussion with Swindon on the very same car, but was away on hols so could not view it or pull the trigger. I agree they were very good with communication etc and it had a great spec.

Its a lovely car!

I'm very pleased its been bought by another enthusaist and someone on the forum!

Go drive it and enjoy
Jungle

:thumbs:

Thanks Jungle, that's very gracious under the circumstances :thumb:

I'm sure there'll be more nice cars coming through as folks move towards the 992, so hopefully you'll find yours soon :)

rob_p said:
Congrats. Looks lovely. I also have got silver and carrera classics.
I don't have your hips though...
:sad:
Enjoy!!

Thanks Rob :thumb:

I think there's an op you can get in Brazil but I wouldn't recommend it :wink:

911Time said:
Jungle650 said:

I'm sure there'll be more nice cars coming through as folks move towards the 992, so hopefully you'll find yours soon :)

Indeed there was I made a purchase when I returned from hols and could actually see a car. Also got a silver C4S... our cars could be long lost brothers !!

Attachments

• 72a48a23_e808_4511_a6a7_927107327610_198.jpeg
    72a48a23_e808_4511_a6a7_927107327610_198.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 4,477

Jungle650 said:
911Time said:
Jungle650 said:

Indeed there was I made a purchase when I returned from hols and could actually see a car. Also got a silver C4S... our cars could be long lost brothers !!

Excellent :thumb: glad you found Your car and what a cracker - looks gorgeous (but then I am a bit biased) :)

"Long lost brothers" :floor: maybe so...

Mark

A great looking car

Like you, I dscovered Porsche at around the same time and eventually purchased my first 911 in 2013. I now have a GT Silver 991.2 4S

Enjoy....

Jon

JonB1952 said:
Mark

A great looking car

Like you, I dscovered Porsche at around the same time and eventually purchased my first 911 in 2013. I now have a GT Silver 991.2 4S

Enjoy....

Jon

Thanks Jon :thumb:

I guess we're a similar age then? Hard to imagine now but the 911 wasn't an established model when I was born, in fact it had only been out for 3 years but '66 was a special year - introduction of the 'S' and Fuchs fitted for the first time.

Regarding your car - what can I say except, you have excellent taste Sir :)

Re: My New GT Silver C4S - Now it really is 911 Time

911Time said:
A few years later my Dad bought me a Scalextric 935:
Scalextric-Porsche-935.jpg
Had one of these too when I was young - happy, happy days. :thumbs: :lol:

Many congratulations on the silver car, and health to enjoy. :D

Re: My New GT Silver C4S - Now it really is 911 Time

DRZ911 said:
911Time said:
A few years later my Dad bought me a Scalextric 935:
Scalextric-Porsche-935.jpg
Had one of these too when I was young - happy, happy days. :thumbs: :lol:

Many congratulations on the silver car, and health to enjoy. :D

Thanks DRZ, yeah happy days indeed :thumb:

Seems like yesterday, racing the 935 against my brothers 3.0 CSL

Time to make some more good memories.

My brother also had a 3.0 CSL and I always gave him a good stuffin' with the 935. :D :lol: :D

However, he also had a Mini Cooper and it always had the edge over the 935. :sad:

DRZ911 said:
My brother also had a 3.0 CSL and I always gave him a good stuffin' with the 935. :D :lol: :D

However, he also had a Mini Cooper and it always had the edge over the 935. :sad:

Yeah but it takes a lot more skill to drive a 935 :D

Great car and a cracking background story. :thumb:

Lovettes are great to deal with. Be sure to sign up for thier Cylinder Club meets when the invite appears. Great events run across the groups marques so the Swindon site one at the Porsche/Ferrari spot has all kinds turning up from Aston etc :thumb: they run a couple of events per year.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back